Android 2.1.2/2.1.3 Issues

Please keep this thread limited to specific issues. Report each issue as a separate reply with this format:

Phone Model: Nexus 7 & 4, Asus Zenfone
Phone OS: Android
Phone OS Version:6.0.1 & 5.0
Issue or Bug: DTH’s Value Tiles no longer take into account the line feed (’\n’) in label value

Example: ‘Mode\n${currentValue}’

2 Likes

Issue or Bug: DTH’s Value Tiles’ Font Size is not Consistent from one field to another

Issue or Bug: DTH’s Value Tiles’ text is not aligned properly in some fields

Shared this thread with the Android Dev manager

2 Likes

Issue or Bug: DTH Icons are sometimes disappearing. Need to switch to another mobile app and return to the ST mobile app to make them reappear again.

\n is a linefeed. Have you tried \r\n

‘\n’ used to work without ‘\r’… Anyway, both don’t work…

Here is a screenshot of My Ecobee device which shows all the above issues… Some icons for the heating & cooling setpoints are also missing.

Phone Model:sm-n920v (Note 5)
Phone OS:android
Phone OS Version:5.1.1

Extra debug logging in activity feed is unreadable…

2 Likes

After update I get force close when accessing anything from dashboard
Sgs7e marshmallow

Google play app review has others with same issue

Hi Troy

Please post your issue according to this format:

Phone Model:
Phone OS Version:
Issue or Bug:

2 Likes

Phone Model: Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Phone OS: Stock AOSP
Phone OS Version:4.4.4, 5.1.1
Issue or Bug: As has already reported on Google Play and in the Release Notes thread, this update breaks the dashboard. Accessing anything other than SHM results in either a blank white screen or instant crash. Also, the top-level view consistently shows the wrong status. Did you forget you have v1 hub customers, many of whom have had their hub less than 6 months??

If anyone wants to revert to the previous 2.1.1, PM me for the .apk.

Phone model: Samsung SM-G935T
OS Version: 6.0.1

Issue: force close on dashboard for lights and switch tab and also doors and locks tab. Motion tab opens but no devices display. Smart home monitior works.

Phone model: Samsung Galaxy S4
OS Version: 4.4.2

App crashes when selecting older dashboard items carried over from the old days.

It appears that any older dashboard items are now dead. they show up but if I click on them the app crashes.
Is the dashboard a dead item? If not, how is it used? I can’t seem to be able to add anything.

I just kept using it because it was a convenient way to see the status of things.

1 Like

Phone model: HTC One M7
OS Version: 5.0.2

I have been reporting the same issue since 2.0.7 that moving up and down messes up the screen,
And have had SmartThings reply after every release that they “thought” the fix was in the release but it would be in the next one for sure. But once again…NOT FIXED !

Before Scrolling

Scroll Down and back up Once…

Scroll Down and back up again…

Scroll Down and back up again…

@RBoy Slider Range option is still broken also
I have supplied this simple test device to see it not working.

So for the issues I am tracking zero are fixed as usual. So upgrading to this version will likely just break more then it fixes for me, again as usual soooo…it’s back to 2.1.0 for me.

1 Like

@slagle I thought ST’s priority was getting the iOS and Android UI issues in sync and sorted out (per your last post atleast). This doens’t sound like progress. iOS seems to be way ahead of Android. Are these teams working together? Do the have common tests?

1 Like

Phone: Samsung SAMSUNG-SM-N900A, or Note 3.
Dashboard is broken, exactly as already have been described here. Crashes on Doors and Locks, white screen on Motion, Presence and Damage, and SHM seem to be ok.

Boolean Inputs in smart apps are not showing images:

Phone Model: Droid Turbo 2
**Phone OS Version:**6.0
Issue or Bug: Tapping on the ‘Carousel’ tile causes the app to crash (should normally open the image full screen and give sharing options…)

@RBoy you make me laugh :laughing:

This is SmartThings. So I would say it should normally crash :wink:

1 Like

Phone Model: Droid Turbo 2
**Phone OS Version:**6.0
Issue or Bug: Multiple ‘+’ and gear icons showing in ‘My Home’ and ‘Routines’ tabs: