Android 2.1.2/2.1.3 Issues

Phone Model: Droid Turbo 2
Phone OS: Android
**Phone OS Version:**6.0
Issue or Bug: ST notification Icon now a solid circle… not sure if bug or ‘feature’ but can’t tell what it is. (see the ‘OO’ in ‘GOOG’ at the top of the screenshot…)

1 Like

Blank dashboard here…

Hello All, Sorry about the crash that is occurring on the dashboard. We just submitted a hot fix release to Google tonight and you should expect to see the crash resolved in Android 2.1.3 (it was just uploaded 5 minutes ago). Thanks for your patience and feedback. On the other issues reported here I will be working with my team in the morning to make sure we’re tracking these issues and prioritize them into future releases.

1 Like

Don’t hold your breath…

I think I predicted this earlier today, just incase someone missed it:

And here are the comparative results, Firmware update release (link below) v/s Android phone app release (this thread):

Give me back the physical graph logo for notifications! :sob:

^^ this ^^ … and it still exists in v2.1.3.
I know that gray text is “stylish” these days, but we don’t all have 20 year old eyes.

On the plus side, 2.1.3 fixed the dashboard crash! :heavy_check_mark:

. . .

Agreed, but also a suggestion…
Since the purpose of this thread and a standard reporting format is to provide the mobile app development team as much specific info as possible, I think it would be more useful to provide the actual OS. For example, AOSP, MIUI, and CyanogenMod are all “Android,” but if a problem only manifests on MIUI for example, it should obviously be lower priority. Of course, in many cases the actual OS is Android.
:beers:

Phone Model: Nexus 5, Nexus 7
Phone OS: Stock AOSP
Phone OS Version:4.4.4, 5.1.1
Issue or Bug: DTH’ Standard Tiles seem to have a hard-coded line feed ("\n") preceding the label text. This causes the text to render lower in the round icon, thus exacerbating the long-standing text scaling/truncation issue.

Suggestion: Since it is apparent that you are using a proportionally-spaced font, could you not convert text to UPPER CASE, which takes up more room and only makes the situation worse?

I tagged this in another thread but 'll add it here as well. The widget doesn’t get the phrases any more, seems to fail finding location. Deleted and re-added, logged in and app active. Was rock solid before Marshmallow, got sketchy on Marshmallow upgrade, (had to open ST app before routines populated) , now with 2.1.3 nothing works.
Samsung S6, Marshmallow

I have 20(ish) year old eyes and still can’t read it!

4 Likes

Phone Model: Galaxy s6 Edge
Phone OS Version:6.0
Issue or Bug: Family presence looks to be broken. Looking in ‘Family’, each member says ‘Departed on’ all the time. This is new to 2.1.2/2.1.3. Also new is that then going to recently for each presence shows no history at all. These are all arrival sensors, not mobile presence.

@slagle Has this been reported already? I’ll log a support ticket too.

Hmm…actually this is a bigger issue. When I view my activity log I can’t see the activity past the first page…I can’t scroll down! Also I’ve noticed my smartthings Multi sensors have no activity history either. Neither do my outlets. Motion sensors seem ok as do lights. When I say no activity history I mean they have a blank history and aren’t adding to it either. I would upload pictures but I can’t work out how, is it not possible via a mobile?

I’ve logged a support ticket now too.

@slagle 8944 is the number in case you are able to look at it or show it to the android app lead.

I had this issue too. After the app update mobile presence would show we’re home when we’re not. What seemed to work for me, was to add my hub to my mobile presences in the IDE. I need to do more testing/leaving my house before I call it a solution though.

Phone Model: Nexus 6p
Phone OS Version:6.0.1
Issue or Bug: The “Not Present” icon under Family is highlighted blue, which is the same color as when someone is present. Seems to be an error because it starts grey and then goes blue during loading of the page.

Phone Model: Galaxt S4
Phone OS Version:4.4.2
Issue or Bug: Under notification - activity feed. Many notification have a grey background and slightly lighter grey text. totally unreadable.

Phone Model: Galaxt S4
Phone OS Version:4.4.2
Issue or Bug: Presence sensors showing departed. Android device seem to be working

Phone Model: Samsung Galaxy S6
Phone OS Version:6.0.1
Issue or Bug: recent activity for some devices shows almost no activity, others are empty and show nothing

Phone Model: LG G4, LG G2
Phone OS Version:5.1
Issue or Bug: Light grey text on “Recently” tab is totally unreadable when on a grey background.

(in case it’s not obvious – there is text under “setLevel(70)” and “off”)

I wish ST would create a beta program for the app releases instead of having the whole user base perform the beta test :frowning:

4 Likes

I have the exact same problem, no events with the same phone, Galaxy S6