Aeotec Smart Home Hub/2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.50.10

UPDATE: The release of this firmware has been deferred for a week. The title and rest of the post below have been edited to reflect the new release window and firmware version.

We will begin rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.50.10 starting Monday, October 16th. Once downloaded, your Hub will briefly go offline as it reboots and applies the update; most customers will experience less than one minute of downtime. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
  • Aeotec Smart Home Hub

Release Date: 16 October 2023 ~ 25 October 2023

Note that this release may be spread out over the course of 10 days, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period.

Release Notes

• Functionality to support Hub Replace feature. Once available, this functionality will allow users to transfer all Hub Connected devices, Edge Drivers information, Routines, and other Hub Settings, to another supported Hub. Look for more information about the hub replace feature and when it will be available in the coming weeks!

• Various Bug Fixes

35 Likes

Finally…

21 Likes

Hub replace will be much appreciated and is it perhaps a prelude to something else in the future i wander :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Hope it supports current hubs. I guess we will find out soon

1 Like

All except the v1 hub.

1 Like

And SmartThings Station

And appliance embedded Hubs. They’re pretty much everywhere nowadays :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Wow. I would say this change is something that really gives me hope towards STs future. You guys are listening to feedback and rapidly developing. Keep it up!

10 Likes

Will there also be a mobile app update needed?

1 Like

Do we need a similar firmware update to migrate from a Smartthings Wi-Fi Hub to the V3/Aeotec one? If this is true, is an update like this coming for the Wi-Fi hubs? Thanks!

1 Like

Maybe? In the SmartThings app, at every device, under the edit option, besides “location” and “room” also “choose hub”?
But that means fransfer one by one. But would be OK for me.
But also place for a utility like backup?

The option for a one to one transfer looks safer…

Especially small infrastructures with e.g. max 10 devices, could easier decide to switch to hubs like the.SmartThings Station. Just for reason of design .

May be a great improvement.

Whoa! This is awesome.

3 Likes

To say that this is kind of a big deal would be an understatement at best !!!

I’m very happy to see this !!!

As it stands now, I’m guessing you need a working/functional hub to transfer “from”. So if your hub dies an untimely death, there’s currently no way to restore to a new hub.

Hoping it leads to a way of creating backups, should a hub fail !!!

9 Likes

I am hopping it means… new Samsung hub on the way !
There has always been a need to have a hub replace feature but it never happened
Current hubs are old and limited, even IF they are coping at the moment the hardware is getting tired
Aeotec have taken the slack since Samsung got out the hub production line but they have been suffering memory issues
So in order to replace current hubs a hub replacement tool is required

maybe pie in the Sky but i am ever hopefull

4 Likes

yous guys really trying to get me to buy the new EP-P9500TBEGUS … well… at least youre making it “easier” :sweat_smile: just noticed that the model has “beg us” in the nomenclature… oversight? or… bahh, forget i mentioned it. :rofl:

1 Like

Thank you so much for the Hub Replace feature.
This is a much-welcomed feature.

Is this also a backup feature?
Meaning that the hub, if backed up, can fail and a new hub can onboard the backup from the cloud.

Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

I am just wondering, is it like the bridge replacement feature from Philips Hue? As the post above, will it help to replace a dead Hub, as it has happened to some people that it just went dead?

They just announced recently the Hub built into the Soundbard.

No Zwave again ? If the hub replacement tool allows for moving to a new hub and the old hub used Zwave … how is that going to work :thinking:

5 Likes

All devices connected to my v3 hub are suddenly offline. I guess the update is only being pushed on October 9?