Aeotec Smart Home Hub/2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.38.10

We will begin rolling out Samsung SmartThings Hub firmware version 0.38.10 starting Monday, August 2nd. Once downloaded, your Hub will briefly go offline as it reboots and applies the update; most customers will experience less than one minute of downtime. We will update the status page when the release is complete.

Hub Target:

• Samsung SmartThings Hub 2015 (Hub v2)
  • Samsung SmartThings Hub 2018 (Hub v3)
  • Aeotec Smart Home Hub

Release Date: 2 August 2021 ~ 6 August 2021

Note that this release may be spread out over a week, so you may not see your Hub update the first day of the release period.

Release Notes

Bug Fixes

• Bug fixes and improvements
3 Likes

holding for future comment

Please clarify, what does the bug fixes and improvements contain.

5 Likes

A lot of bugs !!! Hope improve the falling of SmartThings

3 Likes

Will this fix the bug(s) of not updating the history for events for devices in the Android app?

2 Likes

Hopefully stops the auto logout of smartthings on iphone. :crossed_fingers::pray:

1 Like

I hope it fixes no power readings coming from my GE Zwave switch power meter.

Firmware updates on the hub have no effect on the app performance. That is either a platform cloud issue or app issue or combination of those two :slight_smile:

5 Likes

So, who is going to fix those problems, Aerotec or Samsung? Without history working, many automations will also not work.

SmartThings handles all firmware updates, the platform and the app.

1 Like

I doubt it’s connected to the firmware. Did you check your IDE logs to see if the messages from the device are reaching the hub. If so then it’s a DTH problem, if not then it’s a mesh problem.

1 Like

That would be telling…

Please divert some resources to attending to the iOS app. It is unusable in current form and has been since the latest style update. Please see other threads on this topic. Firmware updates are insignificant if we can’t interface with the devices.

2 Likes

It’s different groups of resources, but yes, the iOS app is horrid right now. Clearly the iOS app developers in Korea do not use this in their own home. Even Samsungs own devices are unusable in it.

3 Likes

Hope this helps to address the Ikea device battery drain issues… :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Yeah that would be pretty good… And Ikeas sensor starts to report things randomly when then start to run out of battery causing false alarms all the time…

Funny enough all my Aeotec multisensor 6 reported intrusions during a power outage…

It won’t. They just started looking into that issue.

1 Like

I got the update and now none of my virtual switches seem to work through Alexa anymore. They trigger on and off no problem but Alexa doesn’t see the changes.

Seems like Alexa routines are not currently working at all for anything related to SmartThings. The status change can be seen but it’s not sending out a trigger for routines.

This won’t help you unfortunately Kyle but your issue does not appear to affect everyone

I have a few v switches that link with Alexa, I just tested a v switch that is linked to Alexa that fires a Broadlink IR command to an electronic fireplace, it worked fine

I’m in the UK on Android with latest hub fw

Nothing is firing at all since this got pushed, I’m unsure what it is but Amazon already reported the issue as it’s not on their end as nothing is being fired on SmartThings end to tell the routine to go. I went through this with Wyze a month ago where they finally admitted it was on their end and fixed it. Just going to have to wait until a response happens or other reports happen.