Aeon Smart Energy Switch 6 (gen5) + DSC06106

Ok guys, just pushed a new version: 5.2.0 which can be grabbed from the git repo or update on the platform directly.

I’ve integrated your changes Nezmo, thanks for this.

I’ve also needed to remove the defaultValues in the preference screen as it seems to be a platform bug where the defaultValues does not get saved at all. You’ll need to manually need to type it.

This is exactly the reason why I’ve been a bit more distant in regards to any device handler/smart apps development, samsung keep breaking things and force developer to fix their code. This issue been reported MONTHS ago and still an issue, there are some serious quality issue on the platform.

Venting a little more, UI layout on the tablet platform have changed, it now breaks all previous layout. Of course, samsung did not provide any documentation (I coulndn’t find any documentation) and this topic has not been answered New Tablet Layout - Tile Standards related to this. Again, another lack of quality in terms of backward compatibility issues.

Anyway, sorry for the rent guys, it’s just very annoying to put effort on things that just used to work. All of these issues could have been avoided through unit testing / integration testing on the platform side of thing first.

That being said, please update to latest and let me know if you find any issues.

2 Likes