Aeotec Aeon Smart Switch 6

2 Likes

Saw this… Trying to figure out if it’s a power meter switch too… they made it seem like it might be.

From the website:

Smart Switch 6 doesn’t just visually communicate how much electricity you’re using, it also reports it back to your Z-Wave gateway in real-time.From anywhere in the world you’ll be able to see which devices are turned on and how much that is costing you. Compatible gateways will also help you store and analyse your historical energy consumption.

The website won’t load for me lol. Too many people trying to figure out the same thing I am lol.

thanks.

Great product, hopefully this product officially supported with Smartthings, of course with reliability integration. :smile:

It’s likely that, as with other Aeon devices, it’ll work out of the box with ST. However, full support for all of its features and options will require a community device type.

1 Like

First pray if this product ever hits the market. How many of Aeon/Aeotec products stays in “releasing soon”?

3 Likes

They made it nice and small but still blocks the other outlet. Why not put the plug lower so it sits higher and doesn’t block the other outlet so much. That’s a shame. For this reason I like their first design with the wire extension the best.

I have the very same thought. What a waste of an extra plug. Wonder how many amp for the usb as well. Anything less than 1.5 is pretty useless in my opinion.

I was able to add the Smart Switch 6 as a Z-Wave Metering Switch. It doesn’t read the power draw but it switches.

How’d you do it? Mine won’t pair.
Chris

Same here. Paired as a zwave metering switch. Doesn’t report anything as we probably need an updated device handler as it zwave plus device. On/Offs are fine, gets reported and works well as an outlet. Parameters also needs to be tweaked to get the fulll functionality. Pretty much using it as a night light as the LED is bright enough.

I added it as a “SmartPower Outlet” from the list. Does the app see yours at all?

I finally got it to work… I had to “factory reset” the device for some wired reason.
Thanks for your reply.
Chris

I used secure inclusion and changed the device type to Z-Wave Metering Switch afterwards (it was Metering Dimmer after the inclusion). I can’t seem to get it to do anything… on/off doesn’t work, no events in the event log. I did try SmartPower outlet, too, with no luck. Any ideas?

Weird. For me it was included as a zwave metering switch and the on/offs are reported and happens correctly (and is part of one of my hello homes) and of course the reporting does not happen as we certainly need a new device type.

I bought and paired one successfully tonight. It appears to turn on/off as expected. The issue is the default device type is dimmer/energy with energy metering. Although the device doesn’t actually support dimming (which isn’t what I wanted anyway), it seems like a plausible workaround for now. However, I was wondering if anyone has seen better integration with this specific device, including control over the light ring and replacing the dimmer with just a simple on/off function that better matches the device capabilities.

An official or community written device type is not yet there.

@duncan @slagle Any chance of getting this device going at full capacity in ST land. Currently only pairs as zwave metering switch but has tons of possibility…

As it stands we cannot support most of the features on this device fully.

So for right now we aren’t saying no, but we can’t say yes either. There is some backend work that needs to be done first. Not sure when, or if, that will happen.