I received the engineering spec from my friends at Aeotec, so I was able to write a functional device type for the Aeon Labs Z-Wave Smart Energy Switch . I know @bmmiller has already written a device type for this but included some preference that people might find useful.
- This device type remains ACTIVE so no need to poll the device from a SmartApp to keep it reporting
- You can disable the remote switch if you only care about energy monitoring
- You can adjust the interval that device reports to the SmartThings hub
- You can adjust in the preferences how the switch responds to the “Switch All” command
- You can turn on/off the debugging for the device though the UI
I also commented all of the possible configuration values in the code if someone wants to subvert the device to their own will.