About the SmartThings Clients (including Mobile Apps)

A place to discuss the various clients for SmartThings. Share tips and tricks, feedback, feature ideas, and more.

1 Like

Just starting using SmartThings on my Samsung Galaxy S8 and trying to set up a room. When I try to manage the room and change the wallpaper, for example, the “save” and “cancel” buttons are hidden behind my phone’s navigation buttons so I can’t complete the action. Is there a way around this?

Probably your android font size is too big.

Hello. My SmartThings application doesn’t work properly. It closes just after start. So I cannot connect my Galaxy Buds Pro to my Galaxy Book 360.
Somebody knows what can cause such a problem?

1 Like

Can I say I liked it more when it was possible to quickly activate/deactivate routines without opening one?

1 Like

One thing that I would like to see in the mobile app, is a way to prevent accidentally closing the app. A few apps I have will ask you to confirm that you are closing the app. I can’t even count the number of times I’m doing something and inadvertently close the app trying to just go back a screen. I can only speak to the Android version, I haven’t used the iPhone app.

The Washer/Dryer Auto Cycle Link feature stopped working on iOS devices. I cant turn on the feature (it gets turned off in a sec). Android version can enable the feature and stay on, but if I access the dryer again via the iOS ST app, it disables it right away.

What is the support email for smartthings?

I’ve tried to work with the Samsung chat but haven’t got any where. My Google account is linked to my Samsung account and it is also what I was using on my old phone. Replacement pixel 6a will load the app, when I go to sign it shows the correct email address and doesn’t connect it just pops me back to the app home screen.

I can log into smartthings web portal. I can also log into my Samsung account but it doesn’t show Smartthings as a linked service and I’m unable to add it there either.

Any help would be awesome.

Hi!

According to this link, there are more option to reach out to them

I see Text message, iMessage (iPhone) and WhatsApp

If you are in US, those are the most suggested method to reach out Smartthings support

Appreciate it, thank you!

I’ve been having issues for quite a few versions but now it’s gotten to the point where if I click on a device it’ll say opening and then do nothing. This is how I used to check the battery level on my schlag lock but it seems like functionality in this app is going opposite way it should be. 1.8.12.21 is the current version I have and I have grown to hate it. Is there any alternatives other than Google home that I can access the devices on smart things and get information on them?