5 in. or 6 in. Commercial Electric Smart LED Downlight

Ok so I went to home depot to pick up those lights…I found similar ones for slightly more money from Sylvania, OSRAM. I decided to buy these and hooking them up was a snap. Now I tried to do since research but yielded a goose egg…is there a way to control multiple lights the same way I control one? Meaning, a master like switch that can turn on and off power, change dim levels, and adjust color to all of my new lights?

Have you searched the forums for a SmartApp named “Dim with Me” .
That may accomplish what you are in search of.

I just want to say thank you for pointing me in this direction. I had to click the generic “Connect a Device” link in the app and the light showed up as a “Thing.” Helpful? Not really. Going to my account on graph.api.smartthings.com fixed the issue!

I have several of these Commercial Electric Smart LED Downlights, as well as the 3-4" units. It appears that, when powered on but turned off, they all emit a very faint glow, as if the LEDs are getting just a trickle of power. Has anybody else noticed that?

Also, I’ve noticed that if I turn off the switch that controls these by accident, and then turn it right back on, the lights stay off. This is unlike my experience with bulbs, which all seem to come on at full brightness (and soft-white, if they’re color-tunable) when you remove and then restore power to them. Presumably this is a feature (which I like) and not a bug or some weirdness in the wiring of my house, but I thought I’d ask about it, too. Has anyone observed similar behavior?

Not sure what has happened over the last couple days but some of these lights have started acting strangely. Like they are dropping the connection to the hub. They stay on or off and won’t respond to the app, smartapps, or the button controller. The three that have started doing it all show last activity times on the ide of several hours ago when it should be just minutes at most. Too bad, these have been rock solid since November and were my most reliable devices.

Pretty likely it’s the platform.

Yeah, its been pretty decent lately for me other than scheduled routines (of course they have never worked consistently) so I was hoping that wasn’t the case. But I’ve definitely learned not to freak out and start resetting devices, etc. until they haven’t worked for several days.

I just bought one to test. Was easy to add. Going to to get more to do a project in my living room. Wish they made a zwave dummy switch that was not $50.

I have 6 of these installed now and have noticed that they get out of sink with the hub from time to time. I am using a V1 hub not sure if v2 has the same issue.

I have this same issue with the bulbs staying on ever so slightly , did you get this resolved?

Have not seen this problem with the v2 hub. Could be improvements in the firmware that make it more stable, I suppose.

That is interesting, that may be my justification to upgrade.

That appears to be a “feature” rather than a bug. It’s odd, but barely noticeable. Wife has been home for a week from her latest business trip (during which her bored and lonely husband did a number of “projects” :slight_smile: ) and hasn’t notice yet.

Since there are some active viewers of this thread that actually seem to own these, I thought I’d refresh this. Anybody?

I have not had this issue.

So, if you turn off power and then turn it back on, the lights come on full?

If I turn off the power and then back on the light stay the same as they were.

Yeah, but, if they’re powered on but turned off, and you remove power, what happens when you re-apply power? Do the lights stay off, or do they turn on and go to full brightness, soft-white?

Ah gotcha. If I take power off them completely they go back to how they were before. What sounds like to me is that they are factory defaulting on you.

No, I’m seeing the same behavior as you. But, that’s different behavior than most other lights. All of the other ones that I have will go to full brightness when power is first (re)applied, regardless of what state they might have been in before.

This could be problematic (for me, anyway) as my standard response to my wife’s complaints about things not working is “just use the switch”. If the switch doesn’t work and the lights stay off, and the only way she can turn them on is to use Alesa/Her Phone/MiniMote, she isn’t going to be too happy. Hmmm, maybe one of those Lightify switches is in order, now that we have a DTH that works! :slight_smile: