2018/2015 Model Hub Firmware Release Notes - 0.35.04

I’m in London, UK, my Smart Hub v3 has been offline for over six hours. When will service resume?

1 Like

Will there be any kind of notification or anything to let us know that the feature flag update happened? I have a couple simple SmartLighting rules that I’d like to try with it, but I don’t want to move them until I know that it’s been enabled.

What is the status of your hub’s LED? After noting that are you able to try power cycling the hub?

was blinking purple/magenta for an hour - now steady blue. Power cycled and still steady blue.

Local processing
Will this feature become available in all regions ?
I ask because if not, I can see questions appearing in the future on the forum asking why local processing fails to work

I guess if Smartlighting IS available then local processing is too, or is this incorrect

Thanks. I flagged this for the engineers. It seems the hub is failing to complete the update.

The local execution isn’t region restricted. This local execution is in addition to Smart Lighting automations that run locally. This is specific to “custom automations” that are created via the Add Automation page.

3 Likes

Thank you for the clarification Brad

1 Like

could transfer the option of mirroring behavior from smart lighting to automations and also create an easy feature to make virtual parallel

As Brad replied, this is available in all regions equally. It drives the Automations in the SmartThings app as well as the Rules API which is available using Postman or similar but requires slightly more advanced knowledge of JSON and HTTP requests in general. There you can make your own, more complex rules. Upon POST-ing a rule, the response will let you know if the execution is local or not.

1 Like

Hi @ady624, I’m hoping you’ll be able to answer a question I’ve been waiting 18 months to ask you actually. Many of us avid WebCoRE users earnestly watched your impressive Samsung Developer Conference 2019 presentation of WebCoRE harnessing the Rules API and running locally on the hub, in a very fast and lightweight manner. At the time, you said “soon” it would become available, as 18 months have passed now, are you in a position to say when WebCoRE will be able to run locally (even without variables if necessary)? Because as an average user of moderate intelligence there’s no way I’ll be intellectually equipped enough to use the CLI, Postman or write JSON files, it’ll never happen, so a local WebCoRE with Rules API is what many of us are waiting, hoping, praying for… :pray: :pray:

8 Likes

Thank you.

It sure would be swell to have, at least, WC to JSON conversion, if there already isn’t a thing.

I’ve not found a good tutorial on getting started, not that I’ve had that expectation, but from square one it was a challenge to find out how to get started with Postman, and when I mean started, I mean just finding a link the the service. Then the token thing… man! It’s a good thing I’m a patient person, and understand this type of stuff becomes less mystifying with casual exposure, rather than all at once.

But, yeah, my point is that there are many others that would like to see this.

I’m still on 000.034.00011
Any ideas how to check for an update?

Yes, that is really what all the discussion is about. Currently a piston is a SmartApp. It will need to be a rule instead.

Questions include, who is going to take on the job of turning webCoRE into a rule generator instead of a SmartApp generator, and given that bi-directional mapping to rules seems to be a bit of a struggle for Automations, will the much more complicated webCoRE be just one way? If so how, and where, will the ‘source’ piston be stored?

1 Like

I took one look at Postman and decided it was a sledgehammer to crack a different nut. I am handling rules using CLI and writing them in YAML instead of JSON. OK I need to sort myself out a decent editor but the creation and update of the rules is trivial. Oh for the days when I was fluent in vi.

2 Likes

Every time I look at the code examples, my thoughts default to inputting line by line into a terminal with a monochrome screen, but then I eventually realize this isn’t 1985 and I need to find myself a modern editor.

I’ve sort of been in wait and see mode, but thanks for reminding me which century we are in.

1 Like

Yeah, I hear you. A lot of developers prefer a CLI for the speed (once you’re familiar with it), but we’re well aware that most users prefer a GUI.

4 Likes

I used to be savvy with a command line…maybe I just need a mechanical keyboard and it will all come back to me… heheh

I’m going to have a lot of time on my hands, and I will spend a fair amount of it learning my way around whatever comes about. So, off to have another look at the CLI…

Depending on how patient you are, there are other options coming soon :wink:

5 Likes