Zigbee devices no longer work after June 2021 app update

With the new app release, (for my Apple iphone and ipad) I am no longer able to control (e.g. turn on/off) Zigbee based devices. They are monitored by the app (e.g. I can see if they are turned on or off) but not able to be controlled by the app. Is anyone else having this issue? And thoughts to fix this? I have rebooted the ST hub. Also, the Zwave devices seem to be fine. I also cannot control these Zigbee devices my Amazon Echo devices.

Ahh new app… uninstall and reinstall the app?

1 Like

Agreed. I had to do this too.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply. Initially, the app controlled none of the derives. So, I did delete the app and reinstall. So that left me with everything working fine but unable to control the ZigBee devices.

You mentioned rebooting your hub…. Did you power it down for a few minutes and remove batteries if v2?

2 Likes

I rebooted again. This time, I left the hub disconnected for 15 minutes. That seemed to have fixed my Zigbee issue.

Thank you for the help!

2 Likes

+1 this worked for me too, Thanks

1 Like

Yesterday all was working perfectly. Today I cannot control any z-wave devices. I have - deleted and reinstalled the ST app on my iPhone, unplugged my ST hub (V3) for 20 minutes and plugged it back in, did a z-wave repair several times. I see correct status updates for my z-wave devices but I can’t control any of them. Anybody know what’s going on or is it just me?
Update - I also have some zigbee devices and I have the same issue with them. They all show “on-line” and they update status but I cannot control them. Exactly the same as the z-wave devices. It seems to be a “local” execution issue.

1 Like

same issue. device control Again… must be their Cloud provider … just guessing… retiring classic platform was supposed to help… status says everything is good… not true IMHO.

power, remove batteries from v2 hub, reinstall app. no changes.

just zigbee for me

1 Like

Same issue here. Started happening late last night (US - PST). Some Zigbee devices will not respond even though they show as connected. Seems to be locally run devices. I noticed last night that some of my virtual switches were not working and had to change them to simulated switches in the IDE which seemed to fix the problem but doesn’t answer the question. It’s not just in the app either, none of the problem devices are responding with WebCore, Actiontiles, or Alexa. I did a soft reboot on the hub, then a hard reboot (waited at least 30 minutes before re-starting) and the problem persists.

1 Like

Everyone having issues should report them to ST support :slight_smile:

Tagging @Brad_ST @garrett.kranz

1 Like

I reported the problem via “help” but how do we get some attention on this problem. Sure hope we don’t have to wait till tomorrow for resolution. I have some Zigbee bulbs in our family room that have no manual on/off.

1 Like

I did. Hope it gets some attention soon. Currently status shows everything is up and running…obviously it’s not.

and this is why everything is having a manual bypass as much as I can, I want to sleep at night!

Agree and all of my Zigbee and Z-wave stuff has manual capability except for the two bulbs I mentioned. Unfortunately due to the specific installation scenario manual is not possible with these two bulbs for me. If the issue is not resolved before sundown I guess I’ll have to swap out the bulbs…

Is there some way to report an incident other that thru “help” in the SmartThings app? Currently when looking at System Status it shows nothing reported today ?

1 Like

I’m a beginner here, but I’ve had my ST hub (with some buttons and very simple automations) for about a year now. For some reason starting a few days ago (about the time of the June 17th outage) my Buttons are showing either as offline or are taking >1min-5min actually show responses to presses.

I also saw that the new app installed itself on my iPhone + iPad, but I also removed/deleted + reinstalled and that didn’t help at all. Everything is either “offline” or extremely sluggish. I tried turning off my ST hub for a few seconds, then for about 2min. I think this time I’ll try for about 15min exactly and see what happens. :cry:

You’re not alone. I have two ST motion sensors (U999SJVLBAA) that have been doing this all day today. Just tried a hub reboot through the IDE and it made no difference either. P.S. I haven’t even updated my mobile app.

Kwikset 916 Z-Wave Plus is not working, again. Server error.

Tired of this…

I can manually turn on a zigbee bulb and the app shows it on but the app won’t turn it off. Same issue on two phones and two laptops. I sent an email and got back the usual, reinstall the app, reboot, etc. No changes.

1 Like