Z-wave stopped working from V2 Hub

It’s got to be a system issue, too many people at the same time is not a coincidence.

I can also confirm most of my z wave on off not working but zigbee still ok after the update. Also the icon for the z wave on off switches are no longer there. This is my 3 incident reports today already. You guys should report it too.

I can confirm your finding that if you change the devices from Z-Wave Switch to Relay they resume function. Perhaps all Z-wave switches should be converted to relays until the issue has been resolved?

Well, for me, z-wave switches aren’t controllable from either ST 2.0.6 or 2.0.7. The status of the switch(es) are correct, but only if I manually turn switch(es) on/off. BTW, I’m still on the v1 hub.

I should also note that I am on a version 1 hub of which I have another at a separate location and it too can no longer control the Z-Wave switches.

Problems resolved by Smart Things. Prompt response. Thank you. I am back on the band wagon for now.

Should’ve been thoroughly tested before the update though.

I didn’t change anything on my end, but its all back up and working as it should again.

I have a broken z-wave switch too. Still not working. Will try the relay device type.

That’s odd. When I change to z-wave relay, it works but if I set it back to z-wave switch and try to save/update, I get a 500 internal server error. Maybe they messed up this device type somehow?

This has just happened to me. Tried to reboot the hub and disable/enable the Z-Wave Module in the IDE. Very frustrating.

Addendum: I unplugged/replugged with batteries removed and then did the Z-Wave Network Repair again and then it came back to life.

Anyone still having issues with this? My GE z-wave switches and dimmers have been flaky for the past week or so. My locally run apps work just fine, but the switches/dimmers cannot be controlled from the app (including Amazon Echo and SmartTiles). Rebooting the app did seem to fix the issue for about 24 hours, but that hasn’t been the case for the past day or two. Now rebooting only fixes things for a couple of hours if at all. I’ve also tried pulling the batteries and unplugging for ten minutes and also the z-wave network repair. Nothing seems to work.

I did email support, and after several days got a response stating that there was trouble on their end and they were resolving the issues. But then I also got the impression that this should all be resolved since they asked if I was still experiencing issues.

Wanted to know if I was alone on this boat. Thanks!

Still affecting me. Removing batteries and power cycling helped temporarily but now it’s back to not working. This was a new unit that I got last week. It worked flawlessly with a set of GE Z-Wave switches for the week and then basically started acting flakey on Saturday. I have an email into support but no response yet.

@edanuff Definitely sounds like we’re on the exact same boat. I was up and running for months before this started happening. I have noticed things sporadically coming back to life only to die moments later. For instance, I rebooted my hub around 10:00 last night and everything seemed to be working fine until 2:00, stopped working again, came back to life around 6:00, but has been dead since then. Hoping to hear something again from support today, but please let me know if you hear from them before me.

@MPB Would you mind sharing what support did to resolve the issue for you?

1 Like

@bennywy out of curiosity, are you using Sonos with your setup?

@edanuff Yes, I have four speakers. I gathered from another thread that having multiple sonos speakers was the source of our zwave woes. I went from four speakers to one this afternoon and haven’t had any issues since. It had been working fine, so hopefully this is just a temporary solution.

I will probably gradually add them back one at a time to see what the tipping point is. For now I am just relieved that I don’t have to replace my hub.

Is it working now after removing sonos ? What thread did you read where Sonos was causing issues with zwave devices ?

Yes - still working for me. I saw it originally on this thread: Power cycle hub remotely?

Support eventually emailed and confirmed that my sonos speakers were interfering with zwave communication. They asked that I remove sonos entirely, but I went from four speakers to one and haven’t had issues since.

Thanks for the tip! Went from 11 to 2 and it seems to be working better.

I guess, my issue is related to this as well. I don’t have any sonos just a harmony hub

-It’s usually to lose connection with some device