Yale Connexis L1 Battery change

finally got a response form Yale

This issue is on the Samsung side, we advise speaking with SmartThings consumer support to see if there is an update available for your hub.

Regards,

odd that i haven’t had a battery issue since i took the module out - so it would seem that the module is causing the issue - whether that be Yale or smartthings i have no idea

so looks like the only way to get it to work properly is to pay up for DH, or wait for Smartthings to do an update

I’m not so sure about that now. I’m still experiencing the battery drain with the alternative DH.

I believe the improved battery life I was getting was down to the module losing connection to the hub.

I suspect that having the module installed but not connecting to ST might not give the issue, which I’ll try next.

ok let me know how you get on

doesn’t look good that we cant get the module to work with ST without it draining the batteries

anyone know of any different door locks that actually work for a long time with ST, don’t want to keep replacing the batteries on the lock because the module and ST cant work well together

My setup is now working well. The only change I’ve made is to prevent Alexa seeing the lock. I’m getting much better battery life.

So problem is only with Alexa? Anyone have battery issue without Alexa or with Google assistant?

you say much better - any ideas on battery life length or too early to say

will remove yale from my alexa and try again

without alexa and no module in my yale lock , the lock has lasted a few months without any issues with batteries
i cant actually recall when i changed them last.

Too early to say for me. I used to get less than a week, but I’m in week 3 now with no problems.

Alexa doesn’t seem to be a general problem (others are OK) but it seemed to make a difference to me. Either that or something else has changed.

ok at least its a start

ill set mine up today again and delete the device from alexa - didnt use that option anyway and monitor it - ill also put new batteries in today and see when it runs out

@RobC20 @John_Crighton Hello! How are you guys getting on with your batteries? I am not using SmartThings for now and only trying with Home Assistant but my battery use is just ridiculous. I ran through a set of batteries in 3 days and now, with a new set, I am at 80% in 1 day so it would give me a “better” usage if it continues like that but wow, it’s pretty bad.
I don’t have my lock in Alexa so the next time the batteries run out I will remove the module and see how the battery usage goes.

Hi

I don’t use the module at all not installed and get months and months of use with the door

Can’t even remember last time I changed batteries it

Is the module causing the issue yale say SmartThings and smartthings say yale

Thanks for letting me know, the next thing I will be doing when this set of batteries runs out is remove the module! 100% it’s Yale seeing I’m using Home Assistant only and my battery life is appalling.

I had the same problem initially, approx 3 days with brand new premium batteries.

After I removed Alexa (really don’t know if it was the cause) I get about 10 weeks from a set, which is tolerable for me.

I have moved on to rechargeables though, and due to the slightly lower voltage they can misrepresent life remaining, and may fail rather quickly. Bearing that in mind, I’m happy.

Thanks, John. I am at 68% remaining in 2 days of usage which is bad, trying to talk to Yale on Twitter but not having much luck.

I went through a fair bit of troubleshooting, including running the lock without the module, running the lock with the module inserted but not connected, different device handlers and Alexa removal.

It’s hard to say when it started behaving, but I got there in the end.

ST support were quite communicative, although realistically I was the one making suggestions for what to try next. They’re worth talking to if you haven’t tried yet.

Installed the Conexis lock last Sunday already on my 3rd batch of batteries firmware is 1.1.0 using zwave 2 module. Only used the batteries that came with it and some cheap ones I had lying around.

I use Duracell ultra powers in my yale keyless which I got in the maplin closing down sale for £50 which included the original zwave module which I added to ST 2018-05-14 and thats still at 90%

Have ordered more Duracell’s and might try rechargeable’s if they don’t work.

I’m using Rboys DHs and Apps.
The shed been added to webcore, ActionTiles, influxDB logger, simple device viewer & Rboys Lock manager.
The conexis has only been added to webcore and Rboys Lock Notification app.

Is It worth just buying the original module? Will contact yale support monday hope I can get the module 2 replaced

as mentioned earlier - it does seem that the lock is good with batteries, but when the module is installed it doesn’t play well with some apps and drains the batteries quickly

i took mine out a few months ago and put a new set of batteries in and all is ok - so I am missing the Alexa open the door command but other than that its fine.

I might reinstall my module and disable alexa and see if it is ok as mentioned before it might be Alexa causing the issue

I can confirmed there is a new module/firmware and mine should arrive tomorrow.

Yale support was brilliant, they told me to come tell everyone who’s having trouble to contact @yale_support

Link to twitter convo https://twitter.com/steven_dale/status/1023909314539520000
Screenshot of direct messages

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that, @tmleafs, I have contacted them on Twitter, let’s see how it goes.