Yale Connexis L1 Battery change

They are sending me a pre-paid envelope, I will send them my module, they will update the firmware and send me back.
@tmleafs, if you could please let us know how the new module is doing will be great!

Will do, strange they said nothing about sending mine back though its pretty useless to me

i called them and they took my address details and said he would send a module out
nothing about having to return the exisitng one

1 Like

Oh well, this is what they told me. I have now asked why, via direct message.

well it seems that yale are waiting on a smartthings firmware update and all will be well but ST are taking too long and the bad reviews etc yale cant wait any longer and are applying a fix to the their modules to get around the ST bug. That’s what I made of their reply when I asked them can I post on the ST forum / how are you going to let people know about the new module/firmware. They also said to post a review on amazon.

So people that are having issues get a new module until ST release a firmware update that fixes the problem.

My support ticket from ST I sent the same day as contacting yale on twitter is

Thanks for reaching out!

I’m so sorry to hear this! I’ve flagged this with our engineers for you to investigate this further. Once I have any further information for you, I’ll get back to you right away. I apologise for the inconvenience. Please do let me know if you need any further support in the meantime!

I think I’m going to hold fire until I see how the new modules are… it’s kind of hard to tell whether I have a problem or not, as I’m getting more than 3 days, but still have to change batteries every couple of months or so.

But, thanks @tmleafs, and +1 to Yale.

well its supposed to be a year with 10 unlocks/locks a day isn’t it?

A z-wave module shouldn’t change it that much, I will be happy with half a year

going to use Duracell professional battery’s seem great value on amazon

current set of batteries i have in mine is the poundland cheap ones.

If the new modules seem that much better, then I’ll contact Yale. I look forward to hearing about them.

A word of caution on the Duracell Professional series batteries - look out for fakes. The battery design and packaging are fairly basic and easy to copy. They should be cheaper, but there are some knock-offs around.

They seem to start at around 1.58 volts. The top duracells seem to start at 1.68 or higher

Mine just arrived so will try it out later

Mine to, already installed and setup in smartthings we will see what happens

Haven’t Poundland just flatlined ?

(I got the mailing label response too)

No poundworld has gone. Poundland normally sell kodak and Sony batteries

its now past the 3 day mark :slightly_smiling_face:

nice

any idea on battery levels?

Once I’m home will test. when I but the module in they were at 1.58

Their now 1.56 this was tested while all 4 batteries were still installed in the lock. The ones I have removed the on the bad module got to 1.32 when it was reporting 1%. a another set got to 1.24 and that needed the 9volt battery to work again

nice - so not much battery drain on 3 days

looks promising - ill install mine today and then monitor

Are you using the Duracell Industrial ones? 17.00 for 50 is a very good price, indeed.