Windows 10 App?

The Home Remote app is UWP, it’s even available on the Xbox.

We use our laptops 11 to 12 hours a day and every time we have check status of our devices we have to take out our phone ( android / apple ) from our pockets.
WHY isn’t there an app for Windows 10 ?

I don’t use the SmartThings Mobile App very often as it’s just clunky and slow and the UI is very poor to check the Status of anything. Instead, I use ActionTiles which is accessed via Browser. You can view the Status of all your SmartThings Devices.

On top of that, I’m running Android and through an IFTTT Applet I can send myself an email for any Push Notification received from the SmartThings Application. I’m sure there are other ways to accomplish this as well, but this is one way that you don’t need to use your phone with SmartThings.

If you want to see how I defined my ActionTiles Panels to see and access all my devices and where I operate my SmartThings from my phone, my tablets, my desktop you can view them here:

There is native control in Windows 10 now to control SmartThings devices via Cortona.

Have you played with this at all Ron? Does it allow a person to view / see the Status of all their devices within their UI? Or is it primarily just an equivalent of an Echo from the voice perspective?

No. I have not messed around with it yet…

Works about the same as the Echo. The echo is more literal with device names, Cortana treats everything with a wild card assumption. So naming of devices can be used to create groups. I like it.

Answer is just simple access your phone applications on virtual PCs from CloudDesktopOnline using Bluestacks !

Adrian Gates
Sr. Technology Manager

I did this with Bluestacks. It’s not ideal but I was able to set up my hub and devices and configure some devices and actions. Then I use HomeRemote on my Windows phone to access the already set up devices or scenes.

I would like to add my voice and say I’d love a GOOD Windows Universal App for desktop so I don’t have to go through Bluestacks, and for my Windows tablet and phone.

it looks like Samsung might be working on a windows app

1 Like

It asked me for a 25 character code !!!

A Windows 10 x86/x64 app would be fantastic. Not all of us are on our phones all the time.