Whats going on

Is anyone else’s stuff not working as it should today.

Osram bulbs not doing as they are told by routines ie not coming on

Multi sensor only reporting Temp when it wants and not notifying me when open

Phone app showing bulbs off when they are clearly on

Doing my swede in

Hub upgrade?

Hello,

On Monday, January 30, between 11:00 am EST and 2:00 pm EST, we will automatically update your SmartThings Hub to the latest firmware (version 0.16.12). The update is expected to take less than 10 minutes, during which time your SmartThings Hub will temporarily go offline and events scheduled for this time will not be processed.

This update improves Hub connectivity with the SmartThings platform, fixes an issue causing Hub backup batteries to drain faster than expected, addresses a Hub crashing issue when certain SmartApps are used, and adds capability to provide over-the-air firmware updates to Osram and Hue bulbs.

Thank you,
SmartThings Support

1 Like

That might explain it then , i guess its worldwide (UK me)
Do we need to reboot the hub ??

No you dont need to do anything, it will reboot itself at the end of the firmware update.

Great Thanks

just out of interest how will i know when its done ie firmware number ??

You will have to login to the IDE and look at your hub, it’ll be listed as “hubcoreVersion: 000.016.00009” (What mine is at the moment)

Kraeg

1 Like

According to the e-mail I received it should show 0.16.12 for firmware (probably really show as 000.016.0012) in the IDE.

Looks like its done 000.016.0013

You can see hub firmware version in the app. From the main menu click the green dot that says your hub is online. No need to log into the IDE.

Well I guess they are behind, It is now 3:20 EST (e-mail said between 11 and 2 PM) and my version shown in both the IDE and the Mobile app are still showing 000.016.00009

Same with me - at 20:05 EST

When it got to be 7:45 PM I decided to log into IDE and force a reboot. Then it finally got the update.
If I could have rebooted from mobile Android app it would have been better for me But at least it is done.