Was there another hiccup tonight

My things are out of sync… Porch lights are off, aquarium lights are on but app says they’re off. Switch that is dependent on a motion sensor was continually on.

(Patrick Stuart [@pstuart]) #2

http://status.smartthings.com/ doesn’t report anything. Could be a local issue. I didn’t have any hiccups and I have all my devices polling every 15 minutes reporting / logging their values.

(Richard) #3

I saw the same thing. I’m thinking the ST hub died a little inside tonight knowing it was being acquired by Samsung…

Strange, ge switch is on but app says it’s off, can’t turn it off using the app.

Edit: had to go to into things menu to toggle it off.

(Convinced ST will never be unbroken…) #5

Unfortunately, it seems the status page paints a rather rosie picture as I have seen issues which have been confirmed by SmartThings support, but not posted. Seems it needs to be a reasonably catastrophic failure to make the front page.

But yes, things pretty much died here sometime near 8 PDT.

(Bill Joyner) #6

Yeah I had a similar issue last night, was testing a few things and the lights would not trigger. After a few different attempts it worked. Very Sad to hear about the Samsung deal… I just adopted SmartThings, I liked that they were standalone in a sense. I don’t like the idea, but with money invested I will hold on to see where the ride takes us… for now at least.

(Darryl) #7

I too had an issue for a little bit yesterday evening after I got off of work…

(Patrick Stuart [@pstuart]) #8

Hmm. I’ll have to change my logging then. Thought I had a pinger set up to track the hubs connectivity.

(Convinced ST will never be unbroken…) #9

It may not have affected you. I had a brief outage day before yesterday and support told me they had an issue with a limited number of hubs. So it would seem they can have an outage that doesn’t affect everyone.

(Taryn Brice Rowland) #10

I’ve had problems the last two days that required me to power cycle my hub. ST Support confirmed issues the last two night via the ticket I entered.

I entered the ticket at 11p and sometime between then and 7a, someone responded. I wasn’t expecting a response until this morning, so this was a nice surprise.

I recommend users email support if they have issues and want information.

(Tracy Fleming) #11

Time to find another solution. $200 wasted.