Visonic Door/Window Sensors $10

That didn’t work very well for me atleast. Think they got stuck in either motion or no motion. Got some to work after a number of resets. Was far from easy to setup that way. When I instead added the 340 E fingerprint to the official Tyco DTH so that ST recognizes them directly everything worked out great. Setup 10 of them in notime.

Would be interestning to know why they are considered dodgy (except the dodgy setup that is…) ?

3 Likes

I have two of these paired and they work well using the device handler posted by Tomas.

https://github.com/tomasaxerot/SmartThings/blob/master/devicetypes/tomasaxerot/visonic-door-window-sensor.src/visonic-door-window-sensor.groovy

3 Likes

These instructions work with SmartThings 1st hub but not the 2nd. It is best to use the device handler method.

1 Like

I received mine today and it paired to V2 hub using the Tyco DH. Pairing took a lil longer than usual, but works as intended.

I got mine today. Upon pairing, they showed up simply as a “Thing”. I tried using the built in “Door Contact” device handler, but that wouldn’t work either. I installed the Tyco Door/Window sensor posted by Tyler and they came up working great. Wish I would have gotten more.

I tried to pair straight off and took quite a while but eventually did. Started out as a thing and when I switched to the built in Tyco handler didn’t work, although I might not have waited long enough. Installed and switched to the Tyco handler Tyler posted and working great now. So far the main difference I can see from the Monoprice one I used (only other one I have) is the allowed gap between units while still registering closed is much wider. I think its lower profile too. Sadly my grand plan of sticking on the garage door didn’t work as the door was so greasy and dirty it didn’t stick. Will clean and try again or maybe find a better placement location. Also saw some clever solutions with hinges posted elsewhere on the forum so might try that. Probably not when its cold and dark so this weekend.

Thanks for the work Tomas. I was struggling getting it to work. I used your code to create a device handler and voila! It was stuck to OPEN until I took out the battery, and discovered it again with my Smartthings App. Came right up. Changes to OPEN and CLOSED like it should now.

1 Like

how long did they take? I am at the adding a new device and it added them but they are displaying Please Wait instead of displaying ready?

Did you install the Tyco Device Handler listed further up in this thread?

Yeah I just finished doing that and now its connected and says the sensor is open but when I put the magnet to close the sensor nothing changes it still says its open, I am trying to figure out why on here any help would be greatly appreciated a am a newB.

I am at that stuck to open point right now. I am a NewB fyi, how or can you point me in the right direction to what you did to fix this, thanks

Make sure you are putting the magnet close to the sensor in the right spot. There is a little raised line on the side of the sensor, this is where the magnet must be placed next too.

2 Likes

Hi, if you have installed the device handler try to remove the contact sensor from SmartThings and then factory reset the contact sensor, try to add it again. It’s important that you pair the device first after that you installed the device handler, otherwise it will get stuck

1 Like

Yeah It worked I guess you only have a short period of time to make ST recognize them so they can work right, thanks

Just an FYI

I picked up a couple of these, installed the listed DH and it seems to be working perfectly. I just ordered 5 more from https://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/visonic-window-or-door-sensor-for-samsung-smartthings-mct-340e/ @ $12 a piece. (This is the site I got the first 2 from, linked via this slickdeals post; https://goo.gl/od2zf2)

I used PayPal just in case there was anything sketchy, but the first order went through with no issues.

For $12 each, shipped, I’m pretty happy.

1 Like

did anyone see this?

1 Like

A couple of them have been covered below:

This vendor was discussed a week or two ago. They are selling things as " SmartThings" certified or works with ST, that are NOT.

1 Like

yeah, surprised they haven’t gotten the smackdown from Samsung yet on unlicensed use of their logo.

Everything works, but the only officially supported item is the Yale lock

I remember that other post about the items, but I wasn’t sure that it was the same seller