Visonic Door/Window Sensor driving me crazy

How in the hell are you all getting this device to work?!?! I’ve followed the instructions to the letter and still nothing. So my next attempt was to reset the device, delete the device handler and just start over. There is nothing showing up under Device Handlers. Now when I create a device handler from code, paste the code, and select Publish, it displays this error:

a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session:
[physicalgraph.device.CapabilityDeviceType#physicalgraph.device.CapabilityDeviceType : (unsaved)];
nested exception is org.hibernate.NonUniqueObjectException:
a different object with the same identifier value was already associated with the session:
[physicalgraph.device.CapabilityDeviceType#physicalgraph.device.CapabilityDeviceType : (unsaved)]

I’ve tried deleting everything and manually adding them as a SmartSense device, but still nothing. I have confirmed that I have a v2 hub. I’m ready to throw these damn things out the window…EXCEPT I don’t know if the window is opened or closed because I can’t get the f$%&!ng things to work!!!

What gives?!?! Any suggestions?

I guess I should have included the model. These are the Visonic MCT-340E sensors that people are picking up for $10 each. I have several Z-Wave devices that work perfectly. This is my first Zigbee device, so maybe I am missing something related to this.

1. I assume you are able to pair the Visonic MCT-340E devices to your ST hub?
  2. You are unable to get them to function as open/close sensors?
  3. You tried using the SmartSense Open/Close Sensor device type?
  4. When you attempted to add the device handler you mentioned above… you were trying to add it under My Device Handlers and not under My Smartapps? And you copied the RAW code and pasted.
  5. What is the distance from your ST hub to your devices?
1 Like

Delete the device handler, not needed. Reset it. Pair close to the hub. That doesn’t work, return it.