I am having very serious issues with my hub at the moment, please help!
current firmware: 18.20
Unable to pair secure devices (FRONT DOOR LOCK)
Because of the other issue below (lost devices) I have to repair my front door lock (Yale Keyless Connected (UK)). However it is IMPOSSIBLE. I have now included and excluded this device maybe 50+ times in addition to countless other failed attempts - but every time I get the error: "this lock failed to complete the network security key exchange….”
- I have tried moving the hub right next to the lock
- I have excluding and re-including etc over and over and over again
- I have tried the stock DH during inclusion
- I have tried rboys DH during inclusion
- I have tried rebooting the hub
- I have tried a new Yale Z-Wave module (in case the device itself was at fault)
- I have tried every trick I know to get this thing to pair correctly but it won’t anymore
Lost Devices both Zigbee & Z-Wave
The hub loses devices all the time. This has caused significant issues for me. There is a very clear pattern when it happens with Zigbee - but Z-wave is a general mess when it happens. Sometimes the damage is irreversible.
- ZIGBEE: When Zigbee devices are lost it usually happens that every single zigbee device in the house suddenly is no longer connected to the hub. I can still see the devices in the app but the hub can no longer control or receive commands from them. The only way to get them back is to re-include them when the hub is in inclusion mode - then they start communicating again and the hub doesn’t actually need to go through the full inclusion process again and the devices pick up where they left off. UNFORTUNATELY I have 2 zigbee devices that are in completely inaccessible places - are these lost forever now? - as I cant get to them to press the reset button. It is also particularly painful because some of my lights are philips hue connected directly… so to reset them one by one with the lutron connected bulb remote makes the process even longer
- Z-Wave: This is the biggest mess because there is no pattern. Sometimes the hub will lose devices randomly, and the hub actually removes them completely so they don’t show up at all - when this happens its hard to tell it can be a long time before I realise something is missing. Other times the hub will continue to show the device but will not register any commands sent from them. Again I have Z-Wave devices in very hard to get to places (thankfully not completely impossible like the zigbee ones - but still hard enough that I may need to hire a builder to get to them)