V2 Hub that has never been used won't act right

Ok this is crazy… after my phone call it started working. While I was one the phone with the lady she had me go through the reset process again and this time I held the reset pin down for like 5 minutes… still nothing changed. But I figured I’d try to add a device to it and it worked.

It says it has firmware .035.0004

I wonder if she pushed something or the fact that this thing has been plugged in for a few days if it just magically updated.

Strange

Mine just updated! I got an alert the hub was offline and then that is was back online and now it’s showing the Firmware and Hardware fields and the zigbee has updated! I’m at work so I can’t test adding a device yet but this is a good sign. I wonder if it being plugged in for three days made it finally update or if they worked my escalated case and fixed it.

Ha, we posted the same thing at the same time!

1 Like

Just coincidence :slight_smile: I flagged this internally and the issue is resolved for you both. There was an issue updating from super old firmware that was addressed.

6 Likes

Thanks @Brad_ST! I was about to pull out a mint v2 from the drawer to try to connect it.

Thank you!

1 Like

hello, I’m having the same update problem on the new hub v2, it is also not possible to do the reset, the light is not yellow. can you try to solve my case?

Do you have a customer support ticket I can reference or more information about the hub?

My hub is running zigbee version 2.1.6 and does not recognize any zigbee 3.0 devices. As you can see in the image, the firmware version does not appear. I don’t have a customer support ticket yet.

My hub is running zigbee version 2.1.6 and does not recognize any zigbee 3.0 devices. As you can see in the image, the firmware version does not appear. I don’t have a customer support ticket yet. Screenshot_20210302-230743_Chrome|233x500

Everything ok here, the hub has already updated, now the firmware version appears and the zigbee version is functional. I will test the connection of the zigbee devices, then I communicate here. Thank you very much.

1 Like