USAA MEMBERS 4 FREE Lyric water/freeze detectors

I got the automated confirmation email over a week ago, but haven’t heard anything since, anyone have this experience?

I put one of these under my kitchen sink just a couple of days ago, and got my first alert tonight.

Though, it wasn’t water.

A bottle of Murphy’s old English soap oil had been knocked over and leaked…

I’m glad I got them!

Was the alert on your smartphone?

I was testing it and only heard the device give a loud alarm but oddly no smartphone notification. in case i was out of the house would have been nice to see a smartphone notification; maybe i need to reinstall app and pair it again :confused:

Make sure you set up the email in the app. It takes about a minute before you get it… That lag seems to be normal.

just wanted to bump this !!! hope everyone is getting theres

Are they still doing it? I love these things…

I never got a confirmation/shipping email, just the automated reply when I applied/signed up a few weeks ago. But just now I got a UPS notification that I have a package being delivered tomorrow from Honeywell.

1 Like

Anyway to integrate into Smartthings?

I have one dome leak and water shut-off. Would be awesome to use the four other lyric sensors to send commands to shut-off valve.

I noticed that lyric has IFFFT support but im not sure how that would work, any body have experience with IFFFT?

Finally got mine! Now to get them set up

Got mine. Works great. I connected mine through stringify. Using as temperature sensor for my thermostat.
THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS!!!

1 Like

I created a simulated water sensor in IDE and use Webcore to accept a web request from IFTTT, I also emailed lyric support and asked about any integration with smartthings and they just told me it’s not in the works.

1 Like

I received the automated response on July 7th.

This morning, July 26th, I’ve received another email from Honeywell that I will be receiving 4.

So be patient if you haven’t gotten the “approved” email.

My mother received this email saying that if your devices are enabled by September 5th at the location of your home you will receive a $100 Amazon gift card. I called the number provided because I don’t believe I received the email. I assume no one here got it, since no one said anything. I was told as long as two of the four devices are connected to your Wifi at your home location you will receive the $100 Amazon gift card.

Contact #(800) 592-8544

I got the same email.

Maybe I got it, but just didn’t read the entire email.

1 Like

Did anyone receive their gift card yet?

For what it’s worth, I’ve only connected 2 of the 4 I was sent. Both burn through batteries. Rather disappointed.

I’ve had mine installed for four months, still at 96% battery. How’s your Wi-Fi signal?

Did you get the Amazon gift card? My batteries still show 100%. Fortunately they really work, I put on in the attic in the A/C Drip-Pan. I recently had my roof replaced and evidently they didn’t seal around the pipe. So when we had a heavy rain, water dripped down the pipe into the drip pan. There was very much water, but still detected the leak. I would have not known this if it weren’t for these. I called the roofing company to schedule the fix.

No, I didn’t. I still haven’t connected all of mine. I got 8.
But yeah, they work really well.