Update to SmartThings Groovy Transition

Yes. Automatically migrated to stock driver “Zwave switch” until I changed them again in IDE and now nothing works. Even excluding and re-including doesn’t fix the issue.

unfortunately, you can not move devices from Placeholder to a DTH in IDE.

for the device that had Placeholder that you switched… you will need to remove it and add it back for it to work properly. use Add device > Scan for nearby devices and not By Brand.

I posted to you in a different thread:
start using SmartThings API Browser+ ... Now Available to All to verify devices are still using DTH or Edge drivers. IDE is going to be shut down at some point.

2 Likes

Once you do the z-wave exclusion look in the IDE tomake sure they arent still there. If they are, delete them from the IDE. Also make sure you don’t have any custom DTH installed for them as well before trying to re-add them.

3 Likes

Will do that next.
I managed to return all devices to “placeholder” in IDE and function normally (so far 1 day in), on Edge.
All I did was changed the “device name” and changed device type to “placeholder”. Changing the device name has helped (dont know why) in them not switching back to DTH.

One week to Doomsday.

2 Likes

The End Is Near GIFs | Tenor

6 Likes