Unwanted motion alerts since last platform update

Please open tickets with support that they know it’s not just me and do something about it. Happened again this morning. Weird part is it’s happening only for ST motion sensors powered or on battery.

It has come to this that it is saying Dropcam is detecting motion… What the hell… This is not the photo burst when on motion. Yet to hear from support since the first time reporting it. As @tyler said that dropcam photo burst is triggered due to some motion it is linked with. I understand that but how come it says dropcam detected motion in “home” mode. @tyler, @slagle… Can you help us to get somebody look at the motion alerts in incorrect mode?

Others are having mode related issues too…

@tyler @april @slagle

Is Smartthings your burglar alarm system? So if the internet is down, the siren doesn’t go off? Have you tried just setting it for notification-only. Sounds like it was in away mode incorrectly. If you disable the siren then it would not be so upsetting.

About once every 2-3 months I get Smartthings notification that the house is in an unexpected mode. I use a standalone burglar system for security - we set it off occasionally also. Most burglar alarms are false alarms - any cop will tell you, it’s literally more than 90%. So it makes sense to plan for them - how do you minimize the hassle, and verify an actual alarm? Given the unexpected mode problem, I would disable the Smartthings siren.

I have the sirens disabled now (is there any other option?). I have ADT and rely on them. Yes, even with notifications only, I am getting these in INCORRECT MODE. And it started happening since the last update. Things happening in incorrect mode is not good. It’s not a just a question of sirens. The mode restrictions are not being honored.

When was the update, I haven’t had an update since Last 2015-07-03 2:50 PM UTC.

My current firmware version is 000.013.00013 can someone confirm that is the latest? Can’t believe at least on the status page the most current firmware version is listed, confusion!

It’s the platform update and not the hub firmware update.

Ahhhhh… 10-4, ty … still getting the hang of this stuff lol

1 Like

Hey my fellow community members! We realize this is a problem and I am putting it on my radar. For those of you that haven’t please submit a support ticket with our support team (support@smartthings.com) so we can get a handle on how large this issue may, or may not, be.

I’ll keep you all posted with anything I find.

It’s still happening, photo burst trigerred in home mode due to motion in home while mode restriction is set to away. Yet to hear anything from support.

@slagle BTW even the icons have disappeared for dropcams.

I just noticed this too. there is no icon in things view. but the integration is still working for me

As per support:

“This is actually something that very recently popped up for a handful of users. It seems the mode filters are being (occasionally) ignored entirely. It’s something I’m personally championing to get fixed ASAP, as you’ve seen it causes some real nasty situations with alarms, etc.”

Hope they resolve it soon as I will out of the country for three weeks starting next week and have no other option but to unplug the ST hub entirely till I get back as I have no friends and family here who can handle it. At least I don’t have to worry 10000 miles away. :slight_smile: Three weeks break from ST: priceless!

Update alert:

This has been officially prioritized by our engineers. Updates will come as I get them. :smile:

1 Like

And the saga continues… :slight_smile: Now the contact sensors on doors has joined the team.

@slagle Any ETA, buddy?

1 Like

+1. I had a siren go off last night due to motion in night mode. The alarm is setup to go off only in vacation mode. I have 130 things and an understanding wife, but this was the first time she really looked worried. :(.

I had this happen to me today. I had a motion event make my sonos announce that police were inbound. Which is only supposed to happen in night or away modes. I was in home mode. The interesting part is that the same motion event (in night or away) should have also triggered smart alarm to fire my siren as well as an SMS message. Neither happened.

So it was only one app that seemed to have the issue. I reauthorized the sonos app after verifying that it was set for only night and away modes and I also emailed support.

We’re still looking into this. We haven’t found a smoking gun but we’re definitely making this a priority.

1 Like

I had this happen too. So far its only the motion detectors. I am in Home mode, looked at the log to make sure the mode hadn’t changed, got motion alerts. I emailed support, they said to uninstall then reinstall the SmartApp, did that and still got another spurious notification. I guess the good thing is I don’t have a siren hooked up, wouldn’t be fun to have that go off at 2am

Hey guys,

We have this on our radar. Just talked to the engineer that will be looking at this and he had some good news. Don’t want to promise anything because things come up, but I promise you it’s on the radar. :smile:

1 Like