Unable to pair Monoprice 4-1 Motion Sensor

I am having issues pairing this device. This is my 2nd one. Sent the first one back because I thought it was defective. So did the helpline person. This 2nd one will not pair either. I also had a Monoprice door sensor. I paired it with no issues after I had the problem with this motion sensor.

I have read and followed the instructions to the T. I have also tried to exclude the sensor. Becuase it was never paired that does nothing either.

Any ideas?

Which button are you pressing? The one inside by the battery is a tamper button. To pair the device you need a needle and push a hidden button behind the tiny hole.

1 Like

Please post a picture of the location of the hole. I have closely examined the inside cannot locate any hole that a needle can be placed into. Nor do the instructions say anything about this method for pairing.

If this helps, from the 1st post:

INCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: It is recommended to install the Device Handler BEFORE paring the device for easier setup.

If you are unsure about the device state exclude the device first otherwise it won’t pair (see below)
To pair the device, Select Add New Device from the MarketPlace on your ST phone app.
Then press and release the Z-Wave button with a pin (tiny hole at the bottom of of the sensor) TWICE quickly
It should complete pairing within 30 seconds
EXCLUSION INSTRUCTIONS: If you deleted the device without excluding it won’t pair up again until you exclude it.

Set the hub into exclude mode (log into the IDE → My Hub → View Utilities → Z-Wave Exclude.
Press and release the Z-Wave button with a pin (tiny hole at the bottom of of the sensor) TWICE quickly
FACTORY RESET: Remove the cover and press and release the Z-Wave button with a pin (tiny hole at the bottom of of the sensor) 10 times within 10 seconds.

Pretty amazing. Thanks for the help. Monoprice could definitely update the user manual on this. Nowhere does it indicate the hole for the switch is on the “outside” of the case.

Again thanks.

1 Like