Turn on a GE light-switch without setting the DIM% value, after motion is detected, how?

I have a GE Light switch which I can set a routine to turn on when motion is detected. I do not want to set the DIM value as I prefer to set it manually at the switch. However routine always set to high brightness when I ask it to turn on using a routine. Anyone know how to achive this?

Motion detected → then → Turn on GE switch (but don’t set the dim %)

How to do this?

GE switch is a z-wave device, and seems to run with a local driver now. (I am not familiar with the new drivers.)

Logs suggest, Routine set the switch to on and set the level to 100. I don’t think this is acceptable. I also tried the smart lighting it does the same.

This used to work fine with web-core, now what will be my alternative?

I believe it depends on which edge driver you are using. I know a lot of people have found they get better control over GE parameters when they use the custom edge driver from @philh30 vs the standard one. :thinking:

[ST Edge] Driver for GE/Jasco/Honeywell Z-Wave Switches, Dimmers, Fans, Outlets, and Plug-Ins

4 Likes

Once I started using the custom edge driver as pointed out, things are working as expected.

Follow guidelines in the link provided, add the channel-invitation and then switch the driver in the smart-things app. That worked. Thank you @JDRoberts

1 Like