Will there be Edge Drivers for GE Jasco/Enbrighten lights/dimmers?

Hi, my whole house is filled with GE Jasco/Enbrighten switches and dimmers.

Will these have Edge Drivers release for them so they still work? Is there anything I have to do?

Thank you!

The stock Edge drivers will function for most GE/Jasco smart dimmers and switches except perhaps very old units. They won’t have any of the fancy parameters/settings, but they will do switching/dimming just fine. They are super common switches.

For more options, you may try @philh30’s Jasco/GE drivers as well. Details below: [ST Edge] Driver for GE/Jasco/Honeywell Z-Wave Switches, Dimmers, Fans, Outlets, and Plug-Ins

All of the models that Phil’s driver supports directly are listed here:

If you’d like to give model numbers we can check to see what would work best for you.

2 Likes

how can i find the model numbers? in the ST app somewhere? or do i have to manually look at each physical switch?

First option:
You can log into the IDE and the fingerprint will be listed in the “raw description” section

1. Go to: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ and sign in.
  2. Click My Devices
  3. For Zwave devices: Capture the “Raw Description” section either by cut and paste or a screenshot and paste here. Check several of your devices, they will vary for switch vs dimmer and different models.
  4. For Zigbee devices, capture the “data” section with the manufacturer name and model fields.

Or you can remove the switch plate covers on a couple and the model number will be on a sticker.
It will be a 5 digit number for GE/Embrighten/Jasco/Honeywell units. You can post a photo of the whole front of the unit if that would be easier.

Hi Corey, here are the model numbers of my switches/dimmers:

jasco switch/dimmer:

enbrighten jasco switch:

so i’m wondering if these will be changed over automatically, or i will have to do something?

will they have the info showing power usage etc? thanks!

These are all Zigbee switches, so looking at the stock Beta Zigbee Switch driver:

The stock driver will provide switch and power monitoring for this model.

The stock driver will provide switch dimming and power monitoring for this model.

The stock driver will provide just basic switching for this model.

These should transfer over during one of the migration phases. You shouldn’t have to do anything.

Optionally you can try Phil’s GE Zigbee Switch/Dimmer driver listed above. It may have more options.

Personally I would just wait until they transition over and then see what you end up with. Change as needed then.

I’d just wait for the automatic migration for the zigbee models. My driver doesn’t add anything for the switches and not much extra for the dimmer. I wrote it at a time when I was frustrated that the stock driver couldn’t get energy reporting scaled properly, but that’s since been fixed. There’s no way to control the LED on the zigbee models by radio, which would probably be the biggest draw for a custom driver.

1 Like

hi corey, thank you very much for the info!

i’m also about to install some Enbrighten 43080 dimmers. do you have information if this one will be supported as well?

Those are supported in the stock driver as a switch and dimmer, no energy reporting.

Hello, I tried to update my Jasco (Enbrighten) 43080 from ‘Zigbee Switch’ to ‘GE Zigbee Switch’ but am getting the following error:

Ensure that the driver you are trying to change to has a valid fingerprint match with this device.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a new edge driver? I am looking for one that will allow for “gradual dimming” rather than “Instant dimming” when set through the App