Turn Off the Beeping sound in Samsung AirConditioner with atribute/command in custom App

Hi everyone.

In company we’re running a custom groovy app that operates all our AC’s. It’s fully automated and it work just fine. Now we’re facing an issue with disabling beeping sound by using attribute or command in the app code. Our goal is to keep the beeping sound of all AC’s disabled by default whenever AC turns on. We haven’t found a proper attribute or command in SmartThings Capabilities which would fit our needs. The only capability we found which we tough would do what we wanted was: “Mute” , howerver we got some errors in CI and the attribute/command we used didn’t work. The beeping sound can be disabled manually with SmartThings app but that’s not what we need.

This is a part of the code we used to turn the beeping sound off. Everything except ’ device.setMute(‘muted’)’ work just fine.

def deviceSetDayOn() {
  def device = getDeviceById(params.id)

log.debug "Turning on devices for day."
  device.on();
  device.setMute('muted');
  device.setCoolingSetpoint(24);
  device.setAirConditionerMode('cool');
  device.setFanMode('auto')

Does anyone have an idea how to disable the beeping sound in the app? What attribute/command to use?

Thanks.

@JRFabbi is the current expert of Samsung ACs.

@JRFabbi, any idea how to turn off the beeping sound on the AC unit?

Hello @Johny_Faillab!

Yes @GSzabados.

Here is the command to mute device:

{
   "commands":[
      {
         "component":"main",
         "capability":"execute",
         "command":"execute",
         "arguments":[
            "mode/vs/0",
            {
               "x.com.samsung.da.options":[
                  "Volume_Mute"
               ]
            }
         ]
      }
   ]
} 

The capability is the “execute” because this is related to OCF command only (it goes direct to device using OCF)

Well, if you want to turn off device display (light) this is the command:

{
   "commands":[
      {
         "component":"main",
         "capability":"execute",
         "command":"execute",
         "arguments":[
            "mode/vs/0",
            {
               "x.com.samsung.da.options":[
                  "Light_On"
               ]
            }
         ]
      }
   ]
}

You probably need to write something in your application to sent this type of capability (execute), I’ve created a modified pysmartthings for ACs if you want I can share changed files.

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @GSzabados and @JRFabbi.

Interesting. I didn’t know there is capability called “execute”. Is there some documention for it?

Any idea what should be writen in the app to send this type of capability?

If you can share the changed files would be nice as well.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @Johny_Faillab!

The JSON you need to post is that one (with “Volume_Mute”)

There is no documentation about this capability but this need 2 inputs, one is the string that have the OCF resource (in this case is “mode/vs/0”) and the second is the json object to that resource.

You are using CLI? Or other application using pysmartthings? Because you will need to update something on sources to send the “execute” capability as you can seee it need 2 input and not only one.

You can check this post with all resources from Wind-free ACs: airFlowDirection / status:dead

The problem is that this capability send commands direct to the device so it depends on what is your device (for example the resource “mode” is documented on OCF docs but “mode/vs” is a Samsung proprietary capability os it doesn’t have any documentation, I’ve got this json observing the SmartThings app when it mutes the device using postman)

I wil share my device.py and capability.py when I come back to home.

1 Like

Our app come from this source. We modified this app for our need. We are using Gitlab CLI.

What you mean by source? How do i update it?

The problem is that this is for “Media” devices:

This is the reason that it doesn’t work.

You need to post this command to your device to mute AC

I never used CLI so I don’t know if there is a “execute” option, this command need one string (resource) and one json-object (OCF command) as arguments.

Do you have something like “device.execute”?

Hi @JRFabbi,

I have 4 Samsung WindFree ACs and they were working fine, but suddenly they wont save the settings i need, like windfree ON, display OFF and beep OFF. I power them off and on (not unpair and pair it again) but still the same problem. Do you know how to correct this issue?

I check in webcore and i can set the windfree mode ON without any problem, but not the display or the beep. I only have the “SetVolume” command and when i set it to “Mute” or “Volume_Mute” wont work.

I realy want to just went back as it was before, but if thats impossible i must count with the webcore help.

Thanks!

Hello @mrpardal,

Probably Samsung updated the software on your units, for mine (2018 version) was impossible to use this command and all commands is possible only using OCF (the command is “execute”).

They need to update webcore to handle with “execute” command, if you need samples to mute and display off you have then here in this post.

(remember that Light_On is display off, Light_Off is display on)

And this is for beep, is Volume_Mute and Volume_100

2 Likes

Tks for the reply!
I manage to program everything via Webcore and it works. BUT when they are working, like 10minutes, they desactivate the windfree. Its completly crazy and annoying. I just push a ticket to samsung support. I dont understand whats is going on. I shouldnt have to work this around with webcore, they always worked well without any programmation…