The End of Groovy Has Arrived

A number of us have been asking for this for awhile.

2 Likes

I started using SharpTools. It’s really different logic compared to webcore but I was able to convert all my webcore pistons over and is pretty easy to use for a non-developers like myself.
It’s not straightforward like webcore but you can do between sunset and 9pm

1 Like

There are different options to contact them:

Open here to see the contact information for Customer Support

Through the SmartThings Web page

1. Enter this page
  2. Click on “Support” in the upper-right corner
  3. Check if the URL includes your region. For example, en-us here: https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us
  4. At the bottom, select “email” and describe your issue as detailed as possible.
  5. Click on “submit”

From the ST app

1. Open the SmartThings app
  2. Go to the menu tab at the bottom-right corner.
  3. On this page, select the option “contact us” and then go to “Report a problem”
  4. Accept the generation of logs, fill up the form describing your issue as detailed as possible, and screen captures of the issue always help.
  5. Click on “submit”. The Customer team will receive this info.

Via email

US: 1-866-813-2404
US: support@smartthings.com
UK support 0333 0000333
UK: support@smartthings.co.uk
CA: support@smartthings.ca

Please, let me know how it goes :smiley:

@Diegocampy, I can’t open the URL you shared but, did you get any ID or number to identify your report? I’ll ask the team who handles the reports from there.

The SmartLighting SmartApp allows for Sunrise/Sunset to a specific time. I’ve been using it for several years to change dimmer behavior at night. It would be nice having that capability in standard routines so that they run locally.

Try Mariano Colmenarejo’s Virtual Calendar Device

https://community.smartthings.com/t/sunrise-sunset-and-calendar-functions-for-edge/242975/4?u=nicka

Unfortunately, the author says you can’t duplicate the SmartLighting function with a single routine using his driver.

in the Italian version of this page, there is not even the possibility to ask for assistance.
The page recommends this forum :slight_smile:

as I explained in the other post, with this method the general Samsung assistance replies with an automatic email informing me that I have not written to the right place.
This is the translation of the email message:
“Thanks for contacting us. We are happy to help you.
From the information provided, we understand that you want to know more about a Samsung promotion or are re-evaluating a technical error with the product.
We inform you that you have contacted Samsung Content and Services.
Our department offers support for issues related to Samsung Account, Galaxy Store App, Galaxy Themes, Find My Mobile,
etc.”

I should try with the mail. I guess I should write to the English mail from Italy?

it was the control panel of my portal as a beta tester. I signed up for the beta program and from there I made the report, I don’t know who will manage the reports. Maybe it wasn’t the right thing, because I don’t think it’s a problem related to this beta firmware, but the problem was already there with the official firmware.

What I can say in addition is that we have this problem in many in Italy, all with Vimar devices.

I have 5 routines to turn on different outside lights when motion is detected on different motion sensors. I got tired of having to add starting and ending times for every routine so I created a virtual switch called “Dark” One routine turns it on at sunset and another one turns it off at sunrise. You can put anytime you want in he two “on and off” routines.
Then in each of the 5 motion routines I put a the “Dark” virtual switch as “on” as a precondition.
Made the routines cleaner and all routines run locally.

7 Likes

What a great idea! I have a lot of automations (Webcore) that run off of what basically boils down to bright light, dim/dusk (including heavy overcast), and dark. I have been having to write multiple routines for each and making them all time based. Using virtual switches probably won’t lessen the routines. . . .BUT it means I can more easily change how and when bright, dim, dark are set and it will just trickle through all the routines. Still haven’t figured out a way to handle the dim/dusk once (or even if) they confirm the smart weather tile is being offed. . . but if I can figure out a replacement, I can just plug it into that dim/dusk virtual switch and they will all adjust.

On a related note, we still don’t have any confirmation on what will happen with SmartThings virtual devices, created by labs or IDE right? I setup a community Edge driver for a virtual device and it worked great, but I am trying to do everything with straight out of the box standard SmartThings stuff to hopefully avoid having the rug pulled out from under me again. Or at least lessen the likelihood. Just wary of building out a ton of new routines using stock virtual devices to find out the all are fried when Groovy goes away.

Ive never known the app crash so much and be so slow.
They have broken what worked well

There hasn’t been any announcement about virtual devices in general, no, though it is clear there has been activity in that area.

The virtual switch and virtual dimmer switch are special cases as they are stock DTHs so there should be a migration path and there hasn’t really been any specific comment about any other DTHs either, except to confirm devices which will not be migrated. The existence of a Virtual Switch Edge driver, and a working cloud based virtual switch exposed in the API, seem like positive signs.

3 Likes

Will SmartSense Open/Closed Sensors and SmartSense Motion Sensors get migrated automagically at some point after the 30th?

Does this affect Labs, in particular “Gentle wake-up” and “No worries while away”?

it shouldn’t affect those

1 Like

yes, they should be

i am getting a lot of false alarms and messages
 from my garage opener
 is it because the migration
?

can you provide more details?
garage door brand/model?
driver assigned to it - DTH or Edge?
more info on type of false alarms and messages?

30th September has arrived! I wonder if anything is actually going to change today!? I know OP posted it only starts today!

1 Like

Google Home integration appears to be broken. From within Google Home App, some devices show online, but most show offline. I reconnect, synchronize, and do all the normal things, but I cannot get those devices to be enabled within Google home.

The MyQ Edge driver integration is now up: [ST Edge] SmartThings MyQ Edge

11 Likes