The End of Groovy Has Arrived

Will SwitchBot and Shelly devices added by standard SmartThings integration work normally?

2 Likes

If they are listed as “Placeholder” in the IDE you are good to go.

1 Like

hi ihave a SONOFF ZBMINI-L thats showing as a zigbee switch
landing light / ZigBee Switch /My home/ My home Hub / ONLINE / Local.
but not using an edge driver ?

Another way to verify any devices still needing moved from DTHs is to look in the IDE under “My Hubs”. The devices shown “attached” to a hub are still DTH based and have not yet been moved to an Edge based driver.

scroll down

2 Likes

thanks for that

History tells us things might not be what we had ever again, remember the posts

‘once we kill off the old app we can direct our resources into improving the new app’

Hmm
we should remain hopefull but set our hopes low

4 Likes

The problem with IFTTT, though, is that I think you need a subscription if you have more than maybe 3 free routines

4 Likes

@rcbjr2 IFTTT Workaround: multiple IFTTT accounts. BTW I have 5 free routines somehow on each account

4 Likes

This isn’t quite 100% accurate. It will show Groovy hub connected devices, but I don’t think it will show Groovy cloud connected devices.

1 Like

I just might be able to squeak by with that. One for when I leave and one for when top floor is vacant. I also have a routine that adjusts fan run time which I can lose is push came to shove.

I definitely want to do one for when I leave so I don’t have to have another service checking location, but maybe I will just let ecobee try and run on its own to see how efficient it is with its built-in programming.

Yet

Working out some capability issues with CO, and then I’ll work on switch, colorControl, and the dimmer capabilities (but that may take a while). Stay tuned.

7 Likes

Will there be absolutely any way to have Logitech Harmony Hubs work with ST after Sep 30th?

Thanks

1 Like

I have 2 harmony hubs as well.
What’s the Philips hue integration?

I’m ios but I have android tablets scattered around the house so can use them too. Why do you ask?

Thanks

Philips hue was just a response in the same post to another user but not related to harmony.

So I’m out of luck then running 2 harmony hubs?

Never say never! It is always possible that one of the developers will figure out multiple Harmony bridges. You may want to post in the thread for the current edge driver for the one Harmony bridge and bring up the topic. They can definitely provide you with better details.

2 Likes

Perhaps not if you have 2 SmartThings hubs? I’ve no idea if that is the case

No way I’m purchasing another hub for that.
Though I suspect this is just the start of things that aren’t going to work for me anymore :frowning:

True. It’s a “pay-to-play” system now. Only pre-made routines are free to users.

I really liked it but I didn’t have many routines that used it and I didn’t feel like spending 10s of hours looking to replace a routine I had lost just to discover said routine doesn’t exists.

I get why they moved but their payment structure was just to high for the amount of use I would get so I left. Made similar routines and haven’t looked back.