The End of Groovy Has Arrived

I’ve been with ST from the very beginning, and I also welcome the change, even though it’s been a little rough. Change can be a little hard to deal with , but I’m good with it…

10 Likes

I would add local protocols:

DTH

Zwave, Zigbee, a few specific LAN integrations

Edge

Zwave, Zigbee, LAN, WiFi via Matter, Thread via Matter, MQTT via custom Edge Driver and local server

1 Like

Can anyone tell me how to determine a device’s fingerprint after it has been converted to using an edge driver? Perhaps via the CLI?

I just realized that I might need this info for some of my devices after the transition (to find a working alternate edge driver, for example), but it is only reported in the IDE for devices with a legacy DTH installed.

Yep. The “devices” command will show you the details, including fingerprint data.

smartthings devices <num> -y

Use without <num> and -y to get the list of devices by number.

For example, this Zigbee device shows the manufacturer name and model used as the fingerprint for this device:

Zwave device showing the MSR used for a fingerprint:

1 Like

Has anyone seen an answer to this? Assuming there is no replacement, anyone have a suggestion on where I can get half decent free brightness info I could build into my routines? Sans that, what’s a decent not overly high priced device I could try and use? My fear on a device is it will be impacted by the lights turning on wherever I place it (unless outside and I imagine a weather resistant one is even more expensive) and off in what ever room it is in. For a single room that would be fine, but I really want ambient light outside so I can build automations in different rooms off of it.

If a developer submits a device/driver for WWST certification it is inspected and tested.

7 Likes

Does the documentation of how the WWST certification process working available publicly? And of course the Terms and Services agreement?

Once I asked about it, but it wasn’t publicly available. And support for any reason was not giving out for project management purposes to calculate with required times… :wink:

Rate limits…

The drivers cannot communicate outside of the network as I understand.
You need a man-in-the-middle, like a RaspberryPi running some code for the driver. But then why waste effort with the driver…

Same as the previous one.

This is the most plausible use case.

I think this would fall under the previous category. But still plausible…

1 Like
2 Likes

Thanks @jody.albritton!

It is nice to have it finally publicly available. What would be more amazing if those documentation pages would have a revision date and a list of changes of each revision, like Wiki pages usually do. Just to be transparent on the subject

Otherwise has this changed as well?

Due to the constant changes that the platform is experiencing, Certification Team is only accepting fingerprint updates on top of the already published DTHs.

(post deleted by author)

Very good question, but off topic here. Please start your own topic in the following section of the forum and someone should be able to help you there:

I Have the very first smarthings hub… will it work with this new edge migration? or do i need to buy a new one?

What country are you in? :thinking: and what’s the model number of the hub? (It should be on a sticker on the bottom.)

The very first SmartThings hub, the V1 in the US, was discontinued last year and doesn’t work with the SmartThings app any more, old or new architecture. So if you have a never-used one sitting in a box somewhere, you’re out of luck. It won’t work now and it won’t work in the future.

The first hub for the UK was the same as the V2 in the US. It should work fine with these changes.

Here’s the thread that discusses the hardware requirements for the new platform.

1 Like

I have the V2…i think

the 2015 version

1 Like

What’s the model number? It will Be on a label on the underside of the case (and also inside by the battery compartment for the V2).

1 Like

I’ve lost control of all my ZigBee lights?

Anyone else having this issue. I’ll m assuming it’s to do with the changeover?

1 Like

can you be more precise? In what sense did I lose control? Do you see them disconnected or don’t you see them anymore?
Are they in DH or EDGE?
I’ve had similar problems for a good month, especially with a specific model of switches, and I’m still trying to figure out why.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Leaving SmartThings

So they’re basically showing as off line.

Either that or when they’re online I get a network error?!?!

All Samsung drivers. Stock as I haven’t changed them.