Texting Google Voice numbers no longer working?

Noticed this today. None of our google voice numbers(tried 3) are receiving any SMS alerts.

I have also noticed that SMS alerts to my Google Voice number have stopped within the last week or two. Push notifications and SMS alerts to non-GV numbers are still working.

Support said they are aware and working on it. Donā€™t know how long weā€™ll have to wait for resolution.

Oh man, this is broken again? What is the deal, why does it keep breaking?

It stopped working for me after the platform update on 02/05, when they changed their SMS number.

It looks like there are not that many of us that use it, still patiently waiting.

I am also wondering if/when Google Voice will be supported again. Any news?

1 Like

Did anybody get SMS to their GV recently? I just got one at 19:14 EDT, though it is from (202) 999-3389, one of the early ST SMS numbers, not the one ST is currently using.

And I only got one, when I tried again, it didnā€™t work anymore. Really odd.

Same thing happened to me. A single SMS.

Iā€™ve given up on this and am now using Pushbullet notifier. If you donā€™t mind setting up one time then this might work for you.

get no SMS and push notifications period. I opened a ticket with ST

Here is the response from my inquiry to support:

Thanks for contacting us. Sorry to hear the Google Voice texts are not going through. We are aware of this issue with other customers and GV, and have tasked engineers with looking into a fix. At this time, I donā€™t have an ETA of when it will get fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause you.

Great! One more non-working ā€˜thingā€™ I have to workaround using HAM Bridge.

I started getting the Google Voice notifications again this past Monday 6/1. Anybody else getting them again? I donā€™t know if this is a fluke or if a fix was implemented.

I did start getting them again so I turned them off. Iā€™ve been using the pushbullet notifier so didnā€™t need it anymore. I started getting double notification yesterday.