Sylvania LIGHTIFY 74099 ZigBee 4-button switch

This thing: http://amzn.to/2jjysYe
Specs: https://assets.sylvania.com/assets/Documents/LTFY017R1.9bf24d94-76e7-45cd-b3db-53b0483dd55e.pdf

I ordered one in November 2016, and it just showed up. It claims to be ZigBee HA 1.2. Unsurprisingly, SmartThings doesn’t recognize it at all, so I’d like to see if I can use an existing device type or hack one together for this.

I’m posting this here before I start partly so somebody can say “Wait, I’ve already done it!” while I go out shopping.

This was the closest thing I found. You might want to ping this guy.

Did you get this device working? I just got a few that will greatly improve the xAF around my house but so far striking out on a DTH.

I’m guessing by the lack of response the answer is no, but I’ll ask anyway; anyone made any headway on a device driver for one of these? A recent Amazon review makes reference to a custom device driver for ST integration but I’m not sure what it refers to.

I have not gotten anywhere with my 4button switches. The only thing I have been able to make it do is connect to ST then when I push button 1 ALL my zigbee bulbs and power outlets turn on and ALL turn off when I push button 2.
Not ideal.
I Have not been skillled enough myself to write any code to change the behavior.

I am still on the lookout for anyone who is able to make these things work well on ST!

Hi David,
How did you manage to connect your switch to the network? It seems mine refuses to connect at all. It blinks blue light. The app says searching and that’s it. Never finds it :(. I am new to smart things со I guess i am missing something …
I am migrating from osram’s hub to smart things. I manged to connect 5 other devices (plugs and bulbs) without any problems and i can control them from the app. Only the switch refuses to connect. I guess if i manage to connect it I can play with the handlers and make buttons work…

I was able to get the device to connect to the ST hub however I have not found a device type that will allow the 4 buttons to function.

You put the ST hub in pairing mode then put device in pairing mode (just as you would to pair it to the Osram hub) and they should find each other. You may need to be close to the ST hub initially. You also need to (I think) remove it from the Osram hub before trying to pair to ST.

Yes, removing it from the Osram Hub did the thing! Thank you!
OK I will play with it now and I will keep you posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a completely different device. Sylvania currently makes two different button devices.

the “smart dimming switch,” model 73743

https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-Smart-Dimming-Switch-Formerly/dp/B0196M620Y

That one Has a couple of different custom DTHs that are working with it. You can find those by checking quick browse list in the community – created wiki and looking on the lighting list

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=How_to_Quick_Browse_the_Community-Created_SmartApps_Forum_Section#Quick_Browse_Links_for_Device_Type_Handlers

This thread is about the “button switch” model 74099

https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-LIGHTIFY-Function-Button-Switch/dp/B01M3OK6J7

The two devices don’t have anything in common except that they are made by the same manufacturer. They will not be able to use the same device type handlers.

For this one, someone will have to create a new custom device type handler.

I have been working with this device a bit over the last 24hours. Editing a DTH with the following will bind the on/off properly and thus stop everything turning on/off.

ToDo: Parse events and look at how to handle (via SmartApp ala dimmer?). Look at using source endpoint ID rather than command to parse. Advanced: Process button held.

Four Button Switch Fingerprint:

> fingerprint profileId: "0104", deviceId: "0810", inClusters: "0000, 0001, 0020, 1000, FD00", outClusters: "0003, 0004, 0005, 0006, 0008, 0019, 0300, 1000", manufacturer: "OSRAM", model: "Switch 4x EU-LIGHTIFY", deviceJoinName: "OSRAM 4x Switch"

Bindings:

> // Bind Button 1 and 2
    "zdo bind 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 0x01 0x01 0x0006 {${device.zigbeeId}} {}",
    // Bind Button 3 and 4
    "zdo bind 0x${device.deviceNetworkId} 0x01 0x01 0x0300 {${device.zigbeeId}} {}",

So I have two out of four buttons working. Used Mutley’s Lightify Dimmer code for DTH and SmartApp. Change fingerprint and bindings as per post above.

Edit DTH under the parseCatchAllMessage function to replace the case statements as below.

switch(msg.clusterId) {
case 1:
// call getBatteryResult method to parse battery message into event map
log.debug ‘BATTERY MESSAGE’
def result = getBatteryResult(Integer.parseInt(msg.value, 16))
break
/* case 6:
def button = (msg.command == 1 ? 1 : 2)
log.debug “Command received was $msg.command”
log.debug “Data received was $msg.data[0]”
log.debug msg.sourceEndpoint
Map result = [:]
result = [
name: ‘button’,
value: ‘pushed’,
data: [buttonNumber: button],
descriptionText: “$device.displayName button $button was pushed”,
isStateChange: true
]
log.debug “Parse returned ${result?.descriptionText}”
return result
break
case 768:
def button = (msg.data[0] == 1 ? 3 : 4)
log.debug “Command received was $msg.command”
log.debug “Data received was $msg.data[0]”
log.debug msg.sourceEndpoint

result = [
    name: 'button',
    value: 'pushed',
    data: [buttonNumber: button],
    descriptionText: "$device.displayName button $button was pushed",
  ]
  log.debug "Parse returned ${result?.descriptionText}"

return result
  break */
case 8:
  switch(msg.command) {
    case 1: // brightness decrease command
      result = [
        value: 'held',
        data: [buttonNumber: 2],
        descriptionText: "$device.displayName button 2 was held",
      ]
      return result
      break
    case 3: /* brightness change stop command
      def result = [
        value: 'released',
        data: [buttonNumber: [1,2]],
        descriptionText: "$device.displayName button was released",
      ]*/
      log.debug "Recieved stop command, not currently implemented!"
      //return result
      break
    case 5: // brightness increase command
      result = [
        value: 'held',
        data: [buttonNumber: 1],
        descriptionText: "$device.displayName button 1 was held",
      ]
      return result
      break
  }

}
switch(msg.sourceEndpoint) {
case 1:
log.debug “physical button 1”
result = [
data: [buttonNumber: 1],
descriptionText: “$device.displayName button 1 was pushed”,
]
return result
break
case 2: //physical button 3
result = [
data: [buttonNumber: 3],
descriptionText: “$device.displayName button 3 was pushed”,
]
return result
break
case 3:
//physical button 2
result = [
data: [buttonNumber: 2],
descriptionText: “$device.displayName button 2 was pushed”,
]
return result
break
case 4:
//physical button 4
result = [
data: [buttonNumber: 4],
descriptionText: “$device.displayName button 4 was pushed”,
]
return result
break

Just got one of these today. I assumed since the other Lightify switch worked easily, this would too. Lesson learned.

Has anyone made any more progress getting the 4-button to work on SmartThings?

Has anyone made any progress on this? I would like to buy this device its ideal and cheep but need it to work with ST.

I haven’t seen anyone reporting success getting the 2 right-side buttons to work on the US model to work. Mine’s sitting, unused, with a few other troublesome items on my desk.

1 Like

I got mine to work with the below device handler. The hold function doesn’t work, but all four buttons do.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/osram-lightify-4-button-switch-dth-binder-alpha/99877

Sylvania lightify 74099 pairing. how do you put this in? a. exclusion b. pairing mode

I am not a programmer. Is there a device in ST that I should be searching for in manual?

It’s a zigbee device. “Exclusion” doesn’t apply— that’s only for Z wave devices. Instead, you just have to factory reset it.

Do you have the US model or the EU model? They work somewhat differently.

Bar code on box is 46133 74099

Fcc id label ON DEVICE IS # 2AJRH-LDV74099

That’s the US version. Reset instructions are in the user guide:

That said, as you can see in the comments above and in the other thread about this device, although some people have been able to get the European version working, to date unfortunately no one has been able to get the US version working for more than two of the four buttons. :disappointed_relieved:

Has there been any luck in making the US version work? I bought one as I found it for 30 bucks vs the Aoetec $70 one.

If I have to buy the Lightify Gateway to link it well that may be viable when you can get one gateway and pass it through that. each 4button at half the cost of the Aoetec throws weight very quickly.