Help us test a new way of adding devices!
We are ready to begin beta testing of our next big thing, Super LAN Connect, which provides enhanced LAN-connected devices support. Help us uncover bugs, anomalies and let us know what you did and did not like about the experience.
Requirements for Testing
- Must be willing and able to test
- Willingness to reset at least 1 LAN device in your home and add it back into your “things” list. (not a necessity for participation)
- Should have any of the following devices (they are the only ones that are currently supported).
- Hue lights
- Bose speakers
- Samsung speakers
- Sonos speakers
- Wemo light switches (in wall and plug-in module)
- Wemo motion sensor
What to expect
The new Super LAN Connect is a background service that runs on top of the current “Add Device” experience. It will search for LAN devices on your network and add them automatically to to your SmartThings setup. If you have LAN devices currently installed we will migrate them to the new experience. Once the migration is complete your “Connect” apps will no longer appear in your “SmartApps” section in the mobile app.
- Custom “Connect” apps will not be supported at this time
- If you replaced the device handler installed by the official “Connect” app it will migrate your custom device handler to our code base.
- We will be sharing the device handler code for these devices so you can migrate any special features over to the new code.
To Get Started fill our beta participation form.
We thank you in advance for taking the time to help us test our new LAN device experience.
I am sure I missed things and details so if you have any questions ask them.