Phillips Hue / Smartthings / Google Nest Wifi

Hi all:

So, I have my Hue hub connected via LAN (as required) to my Google Nest Wifi mesh router. I cannot pair my Smarthings hub with the hue hub, the error only says something like “An error occurrs. Try again”. The I started to think that probably the problem is that all my smart house setup are on the guest network and the philips hue, as it is straight connected in the LAN port, is connected in the main network.

My probem to crosscheck this is to change the hue hub to the guest network, any clue or turn around without changing ALL my smart setup to another network??

Thanks in advance.

I believe the ST hub and hue bridge need to be on the same subnet

Correct. Hue bridge and ST hub need to be on the same network.

Thanks, I got that. Now, my probem to crosscheck this is to change the hue hub to the guest network, any clue or turn around without changing ALL my smart setup to another network??

i’m not sure what you’re asking. I don’t think you can move Ethernet devices to the guest network with google/nest wifi. So you’ll probably need to connect your SmartTHing shub via wifi or update it’s wifi network to your main one.

Thats exactly what I want to avoid as, if I change ST network, I’ll have to re-pair all the devices I have.

:pensive:

you don’t have to

Just out of curiosity, why are you connecting your hub to the guest network, less traffic?

1 Like

Jst orginizing traffic, smart home in a network, personal stuff in another.

Thanks you all for your help. It ends up with me changing my ST hub to the main network. Luckly, as prjct92eh2 said, didn’t have to change any device settings.

Now, hue bulbs are working fine in the classic app but in the new one, as soos as you tap to enter into a bulb to see the details, app crash. Already reboot the phone and still the same. Any clue on this one?

Rgds,