I’m close to dumping Smartthings as I’m so frustrated with it.
I have Samsung Smartthings V3 hub.
Intermittently my wi-fi Yeelight bulbs go into ‘OFFLINE’ status on the Smartthings app, which stops functionality via the app and also Alexa connection for the specific bulbs stops working. It’s not the same ones each time. To get them back working again, I have to delete and re-add the bulbs again. The two MASSIVE problems with this is it ruins my automations within Smartthings and also Alexa, which I have to re-configure both Smartthings and Alexa all over again.
- I have a S20 Galaxy
- I have fast internet and a reliable mesh network.
- I live in a secluded area
- All my yeelight bulbs work through the yeelight app and also LAN mode
- All my devices are showing online through the Groovy IDE WebUI
- I have done factory resets of the bulbs multiple times
- I have done factory resets of my mesh network
- I have done a soft reset via the Groovy IDE WebUI
- I have done a hard reset [via unplugging waiting 30 mins and then re-plugging]
- I have factory reset my Samsung Smartthings hub before
- All apps, firmware etc are up to date
I can’t solve the issue! If it was the same bulbs each time, I’d say something was wrong with said bulb. But it’s just random ones that go offline in the app and it’s getting on my nerves now.
Please someone help me!