STHM - Custom Monitors - Where is it?

I took the plunge and updated the Classic App and did the migration. There is a new SmartApp now in the new app that can handle these rules. Here’s what it looks like:

I couldn’t find a way to manually install this app. but it’s here after the migration!

2 Likes

OK… something I have not see before. :slight_smile:

Yup, I think it was added to the migration process mid-way and those that manually set up their routines in the new app don’t have it. For this reason alone, I think it’s worth clicking that button and complete the migration …

Why have a “Custom Monitors” app that can only be installed by the migration!? I hope someone figures out how to do so manually.

That must be new. It used to be a gap in the migration since Automations in the new app STILL doesn’t support door open for X minutes.

2 Likes

I searched through the various IDE from Template SmartApps listings and didn’t see anything named ‘Custom Monitors’. SmartThings really needs to make this ‘Custom Monitors’ SmartApp available so everyone can add it without pushing the migration button.

1 Like

You will not find non-groovy code nor Smartapps used by the new app in IDE. About the only item you will find that is non-groovy is the term “placeholder” shown in the device type field for devices. But you will not see the code for it :slight_smile:

But I agree, they need to make custom monitoring available to install for everyone. Always possible they will add it with the next app update.

2 Likes

Based on the UI of the screen shot, i’m guessing that’s just the custom monitor code from Groovy SHM lifted out and installed separately as its own smartapp by the migration utility. Probably just a stop-gap until contact open duration is added to the automation creator.

Why SmartThings did not provide this ‘Custom Monitor’ SmartApp in the new SmartThings app in the first place months ago is beyond me. Waiting until now when users are migrating and then giving it to them is fine, but what about the early adopters who migrated manually to the new SmartThings app a long time ago before the migration option was even available? SmartThings needs to provide the source code for this ‘Custom Monitor’ SmartApp so that the rest of us can have it too since it does resolve some missing Routings in the new SmartThings app that were available in the old SmartThings app!

1 Like

There is a smart app you can add called Left it Open. I don’t remember the exact process but you have to manually add it. I’m sure if you do a search you can find it.

And then there’s webCoRE.

The “Something Left Open” SmartApp is only available in the Classic App under the “Energy Management” section. You can’t add it from the new app.

(which means you can only add it for the next 2 days)

1 Like

It’s also available in the Templates on the IDE website.

1 Like

Templates? Nor familiar

From the IDE website, go to the My SmartApps tab, click the New SmartApp button, and then the From Template button. Left It Open is in the list of apps here. Just select it, click Create, Publish, and For Me. Once added, you can now activate it in the SmartThings app in the Add SmartApp menu.

well holy moly how have I never seen this? :slight_smile:

And neither does SmartThings support know about it, or even wants to officially support it.

I contacted support to obtain this Custom Monitor SmartApp, they advised me that;

I would like to inform you that officialy we do not support the custom monitor smartapps in the new SmartThings app

So, I guess those of us early adopters to the new SmartThings app are out of luck.

By the way, the Left it Open SmartApp is a good solution for devices, but it doesn’t support triggering Camera recordings like the old SHM Custom Routines did. And since I can’t setup an Automation to record from an Arlo camera, I had to resort to using an old community provided SmartApp which I can only hope continues to work after all the SmartThings changes happen if they continue to not provide better support for Arlo camera integration.

1 Like

So, I guess those of us early adopters to the new SmartThings app are out of luck.

Today is the last day to hit that Migrate button! I deleted all my other rules from the Classic app and with only having the custom rules enabled I migrated and don’t have any issues.

I do not see STHM in the list of smart apps.
I also lost all my classic custom monitors.
I would like to rebuild them.
Is there a way to add STHM from a template?

the new app has a region lock on some smartapps outside the US which the Classic app did not have. so, if you are outside the US, i imagine STHm is blocked to you.

always contact ST support and request that service be enabled and perhaps if enough users respond, they might open it up eventually.

without STHM, i guess you can try to use automations as best you can.