Stelpro STZW402WB+ KI - $20 CAD EDIT: Now $36.37

Stelpro STZW402WB+ KI Series Electronic Thermostats For Smart Home, White

Temporarily out of stock, but I ordered 3, and qualified for free shipping at that price…

EDIT:
As noted below, its now up to $36.37. Still a good deal.

“not compatible with forced-air units”

Yes, I probably should have mentioned that.

Z-Wave Plus certified: works with thousands of other Z-Wave devices, Z-Wave controller required
150 W to 2000 W @ 120 V/300 W to 4000 W @ 240 V
Simple programming, display in either Celsius or Fahrenheit, backlit screen with adjustable intensity and activate several other functions
2-wire connection to heater, not compatible with forced-air units
Display outdoor temperature, frost-free warning

Electric Baseboard with no forced air, line voltage (120/240V) only. We’re a niche that even Nest won’t touch, apparently, and I’ve had trouble finding anything that is compatible, available in Canada, and not a massive and/or ugly green display. (Honeywell, I’m looking at you)

I have sinope thermostats and they are nice but with this price. Wow, that’s next to free in Canada.

Can these be used as Smart-Only thermostats / Temp Monitoring Devices?

What I mean is, without actually connecting them to an actual heating/cooling system, just connecting them to SmartThings, could they be used as a device to monitor temp in that room, AND give users in that room the ability to change the ‘Smart-Only’ setpoint for that room (i.e. in a multi-zone setup using Smart Vents, etc)?

I’m not sure how the device reports changes in set-point or temperature myself, but your answer might be in here somewhere…

Theoretically, at worst, if you don’t hook up the load connection, it should provide that function for you.

1 Like

Hey,

I’ve got 9 of those and they are awesome! Works great with ST!

They just released a new Zigbee model which is working with Fan-Forced devices.

I paid 68$ each so at 20$, there’s probably a mistake or something… Anyhow, I’ll grab more right now!

Now at 36,37$… Even at that price, it’s a really good deal!
Got lucky, was able to order at 20$!

I would contact the manufacturer for this. This Thermostat requires a load hooking up to it in order to operate properly. It’s not the same as a light dimmer where you can ignore the load.

1 Like

Amazon is cancelling these orders

We’re sorry to report we won’t be able to obtain the following item from your order:

“Stelpro STZW402WB+ KI Series Electronic Thermostats For Smart Home, White”

Although we’d expected to be able to send this item to you, we’ve since found it’s not available from any of our sources at this time. We realize this is disappointing news to receive, and we apologize for any inconvenience we’ve caused you.

We’ve cancelled this item from your order.

Your order is now closed.

I just came across this thread. I recently installed an Ecobee4 at my house and was looking for a smart line voltage thermostat. This product is exactly what I want to add to my system. Currently price at Amazon is $74.45, so the prices mentioned in this thread are awesome. Given that was 20 months ago, I wonder if we’ll see prices that low again.

Check out Smartesthouse as in the deals section. I think I saw a line voltage thermostat when I was browsing

I am not familiar with it. can you please post a link?

It’s in the deals section.

2 Likes