[ST Edge] SmartThings MyQ Edge (Obsolete)

If Mac and using docker, install VSStudio which will allow you to edit, save and commit the Json file

Been trying Docker in parallel. Without VS Studio I can see the env variables being set in Docker but the exec still exits. Messages above all relate to a non-Docker set-up.

Good news! Just did a scan form the app and all three of my garage doors were found. It must be the updated driver you pushed out that fixed things.
Is there a way to get version numbers of the drivers, or know when an update to a driver occurs?

Nice! So the update process for Edge drivers is still a bit mysterious to me. I know when I push an update to the driver, it will automatically apply to anyone subscribed to it, but Iā€™m really not sure exactly how quickly. You could probably use the SmartThings CLI to show what driver version your hub is using right now, but as far as I know, the update process will just silently happen at some point.

Iā€™ve read that you can force an update by attempting to remove a driver. If a device is still using the driver, the removal will fail, but itā€™ll pull the latest version during the process.

It can take up to 12 hours unless forced via the CLI.

I can second that an update ,or some change, must have went through. As I just scanned and both doors showed up immediately. So whatever was my issue before seems to have corrected itself, for now.

Sorry I did not think to grab the logcat data via CLI till after the fact. It might have shined some light as to what changed?

1 Like

And just like magic, it works today? I changed nothingā€¦ Awesome Job!!

1 Like

Hi im having a few issues installing the new myq - edge. Im trying to follow the directions i enrolled in the edge drive on the smart hub. Thats as far as ive gotten. I tried to down the config file but i cant open it to enter my myq info. I tried the docker section to see if i could figure that out but im a little confused in what im supposed to do. Help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Which path are you trying to setup? That will make a difference in how itā€™s done and who could provide help. Are you doing it on a Pi? Windows? Linux?

What have you tried? Are you stuck at something specific?

Will add I tried on a Windows machine and itā€™s working just fine there but itā€™s laptop and not an option for this process.

I guess I have some setting on my Mac screwing things up. Back to scouring Google.

For me, this usually happens almost instantly. A few minutes at the absolute most.

Driver updated to 10-03 version and pulled new image to my RPi 3B+ without issue. Everything continues to work as expected.

So i tried the config file for windows. I downloaded and when i try to open it a black window opens ans closes. I never get to add my myq credentials

Id be open to trying the docker but im not sure how that works. Im not as technical as you guys are

Iā€™m not very technical either. I somehow fumbled my way through it. Do you have a Pi thatā€™s up to date and you can remote into it.

Iā€™d be willing to try to help as much as I can.

No i dont have a pi. Do i need to buy atuff in order to make it work now?

Ahhh, okay so your probably wanting to go the windows route. Iā€™m sure someone will chime in and point you in the right direction. Unfortunately I donā€™t know anything about that.

Sorry for my ignorance here. I tried following the instructions for using docker. I am new to this as this is my first Raspberry pi and I have never used docker before.

I logged into my rp4 and got docker installed and then did the pull. I also added the env variables to my .bashrc file. When I try to look at my containers, however, I see nothing. I tried a docker container create using the image I pulled down but it is still showing nothing in the containers list.

Here are the commands I tried:

docker pull brbeaird/smartthings-myq-edge
docker container create brbeaird/smartthings-myq-edge
docker container ls

Any pointers?

Thanks for your help hopefully someone will give me assitance with windows

If you look further up in the thread (my post around 113)

Youā€™ll see the command line I used. There are others that have listed their command line further up the thread. Seems most people have used run after they did the pull.

I have always used a run command (with the different variables in it) to create my docker containers.

Going the run route will create the container and start it up. It would then show when you do your
ā€œdocker container lsā€ command.

You may have created it already?

You should be able to use:

docker container ls -all (this should list all your containers including the ones not running)