[ST Edge] Add fingerprints to released Edge drivers

@nayelyz So I have noticed the Edge driver for Garage Door openers are supported. Apparently there are different fingerprints for different versions of the liner/GoControl units.

Here is the raw data from a GoControl that needs to be added to the fingerprint.

Raw Description zw:Ls type:4007 mfr:014F prod:4744 model:3530 ver:2.01 zwv:4.05 lib:03 cc:5E,5A,72,73,98 sec:86,85,59,66,22,71

1 Like

Hi, Jake!
Currently, are you able to connect that device using a stock DTH? I mean a DTH that is not published in your IDE account

Yes, it’s using the stock Z-Wave Garage Door Opener.

Hi!
Just following up on this, have you tried to pair your device with the driver zwave-garage-door-opener?
I saw the fingerprint you mentioned is included, this is the DTH:

And, this is the driver:

If you can’t pair the device, it must be caused by another reason. What happens when you put the device in pair mode and in the app, you do to add a device and click on “Scan nearby”?

@nayelyz I was successful at adding it and the driver is working correctly. However it now shows a contact sensor for the icon instead of the garage door icon, and you can not change the icon.

I see…this is because the assigned category is garageDoor, what you can do to see the option of “change icon” and set one of a “garage door” is the following:

1. Clone the ST drivers repository
  2. Look for the directory of the driver (zwave-garage-door-opener) and enter to the profiles folder
  3. Open the file of base-garage-door.yaml and change the category to ContactSensor. It should look like this:
name: base-garage-door
components:
- id: main
  capabilities:
  - id: doorControl
    version: 1
  - id: contactSensor
  - id: refresh
  categories:
  - name: ContactSensor
  1. Set up the ST CLI in your computer
  2. Package the driver using the command below, remember to replace “insert-path” with the actual location of the driver’s folder. For example C:/drivers
smartthings edge:drivers:package <insert-path>/zwave-garage-door-opener/
  1. Create a driver’s channel. Using this command, the CLI will prompt you for some values which you need to type. In Channel terms of service URL you don’t need to introduce a valid URL unless you’ll distribute drivers.
  2. Publish the driver in the created channel.
smartthings edge:drivers:publish <driver ID is optional>
  1. Install the published driver
smartthings edge:drivers:install <driver ID is optional>
  1. Open the ST App, go to add (+), and select “device”
  2. Put your device in pairing mode and tap on “scan nearby” in the ST app

Every time you make changes to the driver, you need to repeat steps 5, 7, and 8 to see the update in the device.

Note: you need to uninstall the original driver from the shared channel so the device is paired to the modified version. There are two ways to do this:

1. Open the ST app and select your Hub’s tile (you’ll see its details)
  2. Then, go to the menu (three dots in the upper-right corner) and select “Driver”
  3. Select the driver you want to remove to enter its details and tap on “Delete”
  1. Enter the channel invitation again
  2. Click on “Available drivers” and look for the driver
  3. Tap on the corresponding “uninstall” button.

Thank you for the information. However I don’t see why this isn’t a built-in option with this driver. I believe with the Groovy DTH it gave you the option to change the icon.

Up to now, the “change driver” option is available only for devices that have the categories listed in this post.
I’ll share your comments about the driver with the corresponding team to see what they can do to help.

1 Like

As you can see the DTH is listed as both Garage Door and Contact Sensor.

Hi @Jake_Mohl, @nayelyz

Is it possible to add battery status for contact sensor. Also i noticed in Alexa it showing only as contact sensor and not allowed to open garage door from alexa app

I don’t know if the GoControl units even broadcast the battery level of the contact sensor. That would be very useful to have.

Hello @Jake_Mohl if i used custom DTH “gouldner / RG Linear GD00Z Garage Door Opener - V2” its a best decision ever. It showing battery and status and working with Alexa app. But it dth if someone can move it to edge it will be nice

@nayelyz how do I go about getting the Kwikset Home Connect 620 zwave lock added to the fingerprints file for the zwave lock edge driver?

This is the “Raw Description” from the device:

zw:Fs2ac type:4001 mfr:0090 prod:0811 model:23A8 ver:7.20 zwv:7.13 lib:03 cc:5E,55,98,9F,6C

It’s a zwave lock with codes.

Hi, @bmillis, @mario550.

I’ll link this post here as both are asking about the same device:
https://community.smartthings.com/t/post-requests-for-edge-drivers-here-community-created/237327/1263?u=nayelyz

The DTH used by the device is “Z-Wave Lock”, right? Was it connected by default to it? I see the specific fingerprint for that device isn’t included but the DTH has generic fingerprints (here).
And, the official driver has generic fingerprints as well here. Have you seen if the device gets connected to the driver thanks to the generic fingerprints?

Hi @nayelyz

Yes the lock uses the “ Z-Wave Lock” DTH under groovy. I’ve tried removing and adding it back a few times now but every time it adds back using the DTH and not the Edge driver. It seems like the generic fingerprints are not allowing it to pickup the official zwave-lock edge driver.

Ben

Did you install the driver from the Beta channel?

Samsung account

If so, and you still cannot connect to the device, I’ll need to ask the team for more details about it.
In order to have a fingerprint from the official driver, the partner Kwikset must certify the device (or have done so in the past).

@nayelyz
Yes, I’ve installed the driver from the Beta channel but the device still doesn’t use the Edge driver.

I hope that Kwikset certified the device previously to work with the DTH…

I have goControl z-wave siren which automatically migrated to z-wave switch with just on and off capability. It still doesnt turn on siren. Do we have any custom or Smartthings provided edge driver for goControl siren.
Clicking on driver option to change edge driver doesnt show any available siren driver.