Edge Driver for Linear Go Control Garage Door Opener

I have a Linear Go Control Garage door opener that went offline today. I tried everything to get it back without success. I excluded it and paired it 3 different times. Twice by using the scan method, and once using the by brand/type method. (excluding between each). All 3 times it comes up as contact Device Z-wave Maquerade. I can’t get this thing to work again. It looks like it was migrated to Edge Driver recently. I didn’t have this issue when it was DTH.

Thoughts??

I

1 Like

Yes, PT it look like it is using an edge driver. You need to change it to the correct edge driver. No sure what driver that would be.

1 Like

If you can select another driver I’m using this. You may have to join the Beta channel and subscribe to that driver.

When I look under …> Driver> Select different driver, there are only 2. *Z Wave Switch and * Z Wave Masquerade. Not sure what/how those got there, but can’t find a way to get others either.

You will need to subscribe to the Zwave Garage driver from SmartThings Edge Driver Beta channel.

Where might I find instructions to do that? I found this…

Is it one of these?

Click the link I supplied above, login to SmartThings, enroll your hub then select the driver.

Thanks Jake- The first time I clicked the link and signed in I needed to confirm with a code they sent and it took me to a different place… This time it went right to the drivers. I’ll give it a try!!

Any luck? I’ve noticed my GoControl garage door opener has been recently migrated.

The control over the garage door is A) significantly delayed (2+ minutes) and B) no longer has actions logged in the device history.

Yup.

I had the exact same thing a few weeks ago. Try this: Go here Channel and Drivers Web UI and then see if you have somehow installed the Masquerade Driver. If so, Uninstall.

It was enrolled on mine for some unknown reason. After I uninstalled it and then installed the above driver, it paired fine and works.

1 Like

Regrettably I’ve only received the post-login spinning wheel for the last few days.

I’ll keep checking back.

If I want to switch my openers to the EDGE driver, do I need to remove and then add them back? They are using a custom device handler now and haven’t been migrated. I have a lot of zwave devices that haven’t migrated, many using custom handlers.

I have subscribed to the beta channel already and added the driver.

If you want to use an edge drive you must exclude them from the system, remove the custom DTH then reinclude the device back into SmartThings. If you have routines that interact with the opener, before you remove it from the system add a VR switch into the routine to act as a placeholder. Then once the device is added back ina nd running the driver simply go back into the routines and replace the VR switch with the opener. This keeps you from having to rebuild routines from scratch.