SmartTiles Dashboard 5.4.2 - July 13 (www.SmartTiles.click)

I do this with my dropcam to display an image, not video though, the image just updates as the dashboard refreshes. Also doesn’t require the camera to be public. Just requires you log into your dropcam account on the same browser. So on my android tablet, I open up chrome, login to dropcam account and then go back to my home screen and then I click on my SmartTiles link to go into fullscreen and I get an image of my DropCam.

3 Likes

@huydnguyen - thanks, I will try your idea for Dropcam. I am able to get a live feed by using a browser that supports Flash, but I do have to make my camera public.

I am using blue iris with a couple of rtsp cams. Out to SmartTiles with mjpg and they work fine.

thanks Navat604 :slight_smile: just to confirm you’re cams are still set to rtsp right? and blue iris converts to mjpeg?

yeah, I wondered about that too? So I can output any rtsp cam to the blue iris software and then configure a conversion to mpeg format (within the blue iris software?) so that I can push/relay it SmartTiles for easy viewing?

That’s correct @joel_eggenhuize and @dhsemp. Let’s not bog up this thread and move to this thread if you guys still want more info

3 Likes

Great job! Loving it! However, recently, my weather has stopped updating automatically. If I refresh it from the dashboard it doesn’t update, have to go into the ST app and refresh it from my “things” list.

Suggestions?

I can’t find the dashboard URL anymore in preferences. Please clue me in! Thanks!

Go to SmartTiles settings by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner
Click Next in the upper right corner.
Choose how you want to get the URL, copied from the screen, or by SMS.
Click Done in upper right to exit settings, or click return to Settings at bottom to go back.

@625alex - Hi Alex, I am having a problem with one device in particular. It is a wall outlet http://www.lowes.com/pd_339582-1353-45636___?productId=3707742&pl=1&Ntt=iris+wall+outlet

ST knows the on/off status of the device and can control it fine. It is using the standard z-wave switch device type. I am able to get the switch to show up in the Smart Tiles dashboard, but it is not able to control the on/off of the device and does not accurately display it’s current state. I have tried adding and removing the device from ST, but that did not help. ST seems to connect to the device fine. Any ideas?

I’m back!

Thanks for the tip that Puffin browser works with Dropcam on iOS.

Did you change tile size by any chance?

Dropcam is an excellent plug and play camera, but you have to do everything through them and I don’t like that. Also, I think it’s way too expensive.

I don’t see a problem with making a camera public. The URL of a public stream is meant to be unguessable (just like any ST endpoint URL) and it’s not published or shared anywhere. The chance of discovering a stream token is negligible.

1 Like

I hear that there is a problem with schedules at ST back end. Weather is scheduled to refresh every 15 minutes If scheduler dies, the weather won’t get updated.

The only workaround I’m aware of is to step through SmartTiles app preferences again, no need to change anything. This will reset the scheduler, but it may die again eventually.

I will look into a more permanent solution.

Did you figure it out?

This is interesting. SmartTiles is agnostic to the brand/make of a device and operates only on it’s capabilities.

Although I can imagine a few characteristics of your particular device that may cause it not work with the dashboard. Send me a PM and we can debug it together.

yeah I’ve tried this @625alex . . . didn’t help, i can refresh it, but then it won’t update, Thanks!

My smart weather tile doesn’t show the correct temperature even with the proper town and zip code in the IDE any ideas on how to fix this?

Is SmartTiles showing the same values as ST Mobile app? If yes, than I can’t help you with that. You may need to contact ST support.

I added the optional zip code in iDE and then refreshed, and the temp is now correct. But there is a slight problem My town Monroe Township, NJ 08831 has the same zip code as Jamesburg, Nj 08831 which is 10 miles away and can have different temperature as high or as low as 10 degree difference. The IDE keeps using Jamesburg, and I can’t figure out how to change that to Monroe Township? I hope I am not confusing anyone. But help is needed.

Joel, you live in a weird country!

If zip code is not entered, then hub’s location is used instead.

There is a way of entering ID of a particular weather station. Search the forum, I can’t remember from the top of my head.

As a workaround, maybe you could move to Jamesburg?

2 Likes