Our house was struck by lightning recently. Among other things (TV, monitors, ethernet ports, GFCI outlets etc.), it fried my SmartThings v2 Power Adapter. I confirmed the Power Adapter was fried by testing it with my voltmeter (and getting 0V).
A bit of a silver lining seems to be the SmartThings v2 seems to work fine if I insert 4 AA batteries (it connects to SmartThings servers using the ethernet port and I get notification that the hub has reconnected). Most devices show offline but I imagine they would reconnect eventually?
Batteries would not be a long term solution so I am looking into purchasing a new power adapter. However, before purchasing the new power adapter, I am trying to determine if any components on the board near the power jack might be burnt where a new power adapter wouldn’t help (see attached image)? The reason I am hoping to determine this before purchasing the replacement adapter is because I connected one of these (set to 5V and with a tip that most closely matched the one on the SmartThings adapter) and nothing happened when plugged in. Which made me wonder if the plugin adapter power management subsystem might be fried as well (but the battery power management subsystem might be fine?) and whether ordering the replacement power adapter might be a waste?
Appreciate any assistance / feedback / things to try out.
Thanks in advance!