SmartThings/Samsung Account Migration Beta

Has anything been said about how we are going to transfer our devices & hub to the new app. I have not seen anything like that & I’m not looking forward to resetting everything.

That’s precisely what this beta is for. Once it’s released you will get an alert in the Classic app.

I’m in the same exact boat. I had a samsung account already when I got my smarthings hub so I created my smartthings account using the same email and password.

OMG! The ST “Classic” app has gotten sooo sloow!! Anybody else having this issue?

Mine no longer works and I didn’t sign up for anything :frowning:

@pcgirl65 @frankenstein897

2 Likes

Same with mine! Alexa says ST not responding. The app just doesn’t open. Way to go ST! Can’t do my night routine. Had to turn the lights off physically and now they won’t come on in the morning because they are off.

2 Likes

Same here, alexa not responding was how i noticed as well. Can’t seem to login to the accounts page or app - it just doesn’t take my email. I suspect my smartthings email may have matched my samsung account already, not sure, but yeah, not sure what’s going on. I never migrated my account but i suspect i may now have to…

1 Like
1 Like

Same here nothing is working. ALL things Smartthings just stoped!

1 Like

Really need a message for every new user when they register to go to https://status.smartthings.com to sign up for alerts

7 Likes

I am unable to access Smartthings via either the IDE or the mobile app. None of my automations activated this evening even though the hub has a green light. Rebooted the hub to no effect. It does look like Samsung is having issues in North America. Hopefully they’ll get things cleaned up soon. I do remember problems with the daylight savings time change nearly every time this has happened in the past few years. Maybe just a coincidence.

@Automated_House thanks for the link to the status. I didn’t know there was such a thing. ST seems to be up now. I can get into the app but I can’t access Routines or apps inside of ST app.

When I try to edit a routine it tells me that I am not authorized to do that.

Brian

is this still in “beta” ?
I have the new Smart Connect app and I still can not see my devices in it.

Were you in the beta?

The migration of SmartThings accounts to Samsung accounts has not happened yet for the general public, unless you are in the beta or went thru one of the previous beta phases of this.

If you were not in any beta for this, I recommend that you do not do anything with the new app at all. Do not try to add devices or anything other than browse thru the application. If you start messing with it, you could impact things in your SmartThings classic app. Be forewarned.

When they are ready, you will receive an email and also see a migration banner page in your current app. This could be months away.

2 Likes

thanks.

actually I wonder something:
I am not currently a US resident and my Samsung account profile does not show smarthings hub as a device to add (even manually)
When I switch to a profile registered in US, Smartthings hub and other devices appear as devices that can be added.
Now if this app does not support non-US profiles, what will happen with my Smartthings account ?

This email was sent last week. Just informational:

For now just operate as you normally have and leave the new SmartThings (Samsung Connect) alone. A lot of people started messing with things and created bigger issues for themselves with their current environment in the current app, so I just wanted to warn you to leave it alone so you don’t end up with the same mess others created for themselves.

I am running them side by side (I was in the first round of Beta). You aren’t missing anything in the new app. it has a very long way to go before it’s complete. :slight_smile:

i downloaded the new Smarthings Apps to look around as i already have a different Samsung account.

Did not see Skybell listed in the app, only Ring

Are there plans to add Skybell integration to the new Smarthings App ?

thanks

This is the thread for the Account Migration Beta. I doubt you are going to get an answer from any staff member as to what it will or won’t contain but you would be better off posting your question in the following thread: