SmartThings (new app) Android Version 1.7.37 - 25 (September 15)

New update brings landscape mode on tablets!!!

• Drag and drop to rearrange items on your Home screen.
  • View and control directly connected devices, such as Samsung wearables and other devices.
  • More time delay options to automate your devices.
  • Landscape mode on Android Tablets.
2 Likes

Were the android 10 issue(s) resolved?

1 Like

Devices + status now show up on home screen, but app crashes when you click on a device.

3 Likes

I still haven’t figured out what this means on Android or iOS.

1 Like

I don’t remember if you could delay as much as 24h before. If I remember correctly, there was a list of delays (or very limited time). Now you have a custom delay that goes up to 24h. (I may be thinking of Alexa app delays, though - I know Amazon only allows you up to 4 hours). #toomanyroutines apps -:slight_smile:

I think the custom delay has been around for a while. :thinking:

I wonder if others are seeing this in the Android app. I

I have approx 25 scenes. If I try and access them through the panel I can only see the first 6 and they do not scroll.

My problem or a bug in the V3 app?

typical samsung. stay on old os versions for years. why oh why did i purchase a samsung product. learn to update your software. not everyone stays on old os versions like you and your phones.

On my Pixel 2 with Android 10, this latest version crashes everytime I click a device tile (except the hub). Pretty useless. :slightly_frowning_face:

And now 1.7.37-25 has been pulled from the Google Store and reversed back to 1.7.36-23 which, on my Pixel 2, can’t even login to its own server. From bad to worse /SMH

For Samsung phones, version 1.7.38 - 21 has been released in Galaxy Store. Check your app.

1 Like

Which part of “On my Pixel 2” you didn’t read?

Was just saying that you need to drop the Pixel and get a Samsung phone, really quick, so you can enjoy the most up to date Samsung app.

you need to drop the Pixel and get a Samsung phone

you should consider spending less time making fun of your customers and more time learning how to develop, test and release Android apps

so you can enjoy the most up to date Samsung app

No thanks, I’d rather enjoy the most up to date Android OS

Last year’s Android version works so much better on the most up to date hardware, from the company I don’t work for, so I don’t need to learn how to develop better Android apps. The most up to date app, works so much better on Samsung phones, you should try it. Too bad, I don’t use it (yet), I use the Classic app, instead.

SmartThings employees have a blue badge by their user name. The majority of us are normal users like you.

1 Like

I use the Classic app, instead

So even on Samsung phones the new SmartThings app is as good as garbage then.

SmartThings employees have a blue badge by their user name. The majority of us are normal users like you.

Thank you for the clarification. I really appreciate the help and support that this community is providing.

I just don’t appreciate sarcasm when my whole SmartThings ecosystem is rendered basically unusable by a bad app and now I have to switch back to Classic