SmartThings Motion Sensor NOT connecting - end of Aug 2021

First time user of this platform -
I have been trying for almost a month - pulled the battery tab, reset both the sensor and the hub, checked the battery life, moved it closer to the hub, moved it farther from the hub, moved it closer to my phone while scanning nearby, moved it farther from my phone while scanning nearby, scanned the code, did not scan the code, selected add Smartthings motion sensor, selected add other, Ugh! I have tried everything I can think of. What am I missing?? Is there a way to add a SmartThings device via serial number like on the Philips Hue Hub for devices? This is maddening.

Connect them using smartthings and motion. with the coin battery removed and while the app is in pairing mode, press and hold the small white button on the motion sensor and insert the coin battery. the led should change to orange, then release the button.

Which hub do you have? Is it close to a wifi router or AP? Model number of the sensor?

1 Like

Thank you - no luck. 3rd Gen Hub - yes, it is close to the router - the sensor is Samsung SmartThings GP-U999SJVLBAA Magnetic Motion Sensor. It was once connected when I first got it, so I am really scratching my head.

Thank you - no luck. 3rd Gen Hub - yes, it is close to the router - the sensor is Samsung SmartThings GP-U999SJVLBAA Magnetic Motion Sensor. It was once connected when I first got it, so I am really scratching my head.

@KeeleyJ,

It may be faulty.
When you reset the sensor, does the green or red led blink?
When the hub is searching for devices, does the green led on the hub blink?

In the ST app, locate and open your hub. If Secure Mode is enabled then disable it. Reset your zigbee devices and see if you are able to add them.