The ST Motion sensor stopped responding to motion the other day. I removed/reinserted the battery and all was well. For a while… Today it once again stopped working and th old remove/insert did not work. As a final effort I decided to remove it from the hub (in this case V1 hub) and re-include it (to my V2 hub) by performing the following:
- Remove it from the hub via the ST app.
- Remove battery, hold down reset (include?) button and re-insert the battery. LED turns orange/red. So far so good.
- Remove battery, hold down reset (include?) button and re-insert the battery. LED flashes blue.
- With the ST app, attempt to "Connect Now"found under the the “Safety and Security/Motion/Samsung…” option. No go. It never finds it
- Tried the same thing except using the “Connect new Device” option (first choice under Marketplace/Things") and this time it was added. The correct DH was being used, it showed temp and battery status (100% or new battery) but it was always stuck on “Motion”.
I knew there was a problem because after removing/reinserting the battery, the LED continued flashing blue. Had it really been added correctly to the V2 hub this LED should have been solid green. Multiple efforts and no luck.
I decided I would try re-adding it to my V1 hub. Same thing as above. It appeared to be added but always stuck on “Motion” Once again, after ST says it was added, the device LED continued to flash blue.
At witts end here. At this moment I cant even reset the device back to where the LED turns red/orange. No matter what I do, it just continues to flash blue.
Anyone have any suggestions?