I am not sure if its related but I added an Aeotec Dual Nano Switch.
I tested it and it was working both on the switch and on the mobile app.
Then after a few minutes, on my phone I was going to rename the two switches then I notice that almost all of my devices are showing status of “Checking…” clicking into them shows they are offline (it is showing a cloud icon with a diagonal line across it).
I tried my wife’s phone, and for a while I was able to interact and control the devices from her app but eventually it also showed “checking…” on the devices.
I tried our spare phone, same thing… after a while it also lost the capability to control the devices.
What I have done so far:
- Rebooted the hub both on the IDE and actual power cycle, still getting the same result.
- I removed the new aeotec switch from the IDE.
- I uninstalled the SmartThings app on my phone. Now its stuck with the message “Getting everything ready…” on the main screen
- I repaired the z-wave network via IDE hub utilities
- From the IDE, everything looks fine. I can ping the hub. Devices showing ONLINE status, etc.
- Sensors are still logging activities (checked the logs from the IDE)
- I can still control the device via google assistant and via ActionTiles
I just want to know if I am the only one having this problem. I will wait probably till tomorrow, then I will start thinking of resetting and starting from scratch if its just me encountering this.