Smartthings Labs...where is it?

I can neither confirm nor deny :slight_smile:

In all seriousness, nothing is changing in the near future. In an ideal world, we could transition these products from Labs to WWST (rather than removing them entirely).

@Jim_Sanzone and @Augustin your locations tied to the new hubs should be fixed now.

So some clarity on what is happening here for @Jim_Sanzone and @Augustin.

There is a concept of content channels on the backend that we use to organize our marketplace content. This was recently refreshed in production, but we were unable to just blow away the old content in the default channel that everyone was pointing to without a subset of users on specific versions of our mobile apps having really poor experiences. So we instead created a new channel and have been migrating users over to it throughout this week. So existing locations have been moved, however when joining a hub to a location that hub also has a channel set on it which then is set to the location. Iā€™ll be migrating the hubs over this weekend from pointing at the old channel to the new channel. FWIW

2 Likes

Thank you @gausnes for explanations.

So the knowledgebase articles on the official support site will then get updated to match what people see in the app? :sunglasses:

Sorry to ask this on a relatively old thread.

Iā€™m a brand new UK user of SmartThings. Iā€™m trying out some stuff from tutorials and blogs where they point me to ā€œSmartThings Labsā€ in the Marketplace app (Iā€™m using Android) but I donā€™t see this in my app.

I am confused by the above responses. Are you saying that ALL of the apps are still there but not under the Labs option?

For example, one Youtube video points me to ā€œLogitech Harmony Home Hub (Labs)ā€ - Where would I find this? Or is it possibly removed?

Last question; Is there a way I can search for apps? If so, I could do that and I assume I would find all the Labs apps?

Thanks,
Darren