Since App and firmware update, I can no longer add Wemo/Belkin products

So, a few weeks ago I added some Wemo Insight Switches to ST. Everything worked great. I found them in the add things menu no problem. I got another one today, went to add it… Wemo and Belkin are no longer among the things to add. However, my old routines with my Wemo stuff still works.

Any insight?

After some recent changes, the marketplace can now appear differently for different people. So I’m not sure that what works for me would work for you.

This is how it would work in my app today.

One) open the SmartThings mobile app

Two) select the rooms icon (Four little squares) at the bottom of the screen

1. at the top of the screen you will have a choice between “things” and “rooms” and “family”

Choose “things”

1. scroll all the way to the bottom and you should see a + for “add a thing”. Tap that.

1. The next screen will start searching for new zigbee/Z wave devices. Tap the button that says “add device manually”

Choose all categories if that’s an option, and then scroll all the way to the bottom of that list until you see “SmartThings labs.” Otherwise just scroll all the way to the bottom on the first page after you tapped "add manually"until you see “SmartThings labs.”

Some People report they don’t see this category. If you don’t have the SmartThings labs category, you will have to contact support. But if you do, select that.

1. now you should find Belkin wemo switches

Again, if you don’t see the SmartThings labs option, you’ll need to contact support:

https://support.smartthings.com/hc/en-us

thanks. this was really helpful. I did happen to find it on my own just by clicking every button possible until i found it. again, thanks for the in depth and precise guide. i hope others will find it useful as well.

1 Like